Tachometer install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachometer install

ok, i bought a sunpro tachometer for like 40 bux, i've hit a snag well installing it, it says attach the green wire to the negative side of the ignition coil, but i dont see how i can attach it there, could someone cast some light on what im supposed to be doing here? (perhaps with a crude picture or photograph?)

Originally posted by 323drift
    ok, i bought a sunpro tachometer for like 40 bux, i've hit a snag well installing it, it says attach the green wire to the negative side of the ignition coil, but i dont see how i can attach it there, could someone cast some light on what im supposed to be doing here? (perhaps with a crude picture or photograph?)
    Splice it into the negative terminal of the ignition coil? Sounds pretty easy.

On the ignition coil there is a + and a -. Run you green wire over to the - of the ignition coil, and splice it in.
    Last edited by Jho; 04-04-2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Just splice it into the thinner wire of the two going to the ignition coil. ie solder or connector

Thats your signal wire.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

ok, i'll try that, thanks for the quick responses!

Comment

Working...
        X