Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight loss and tach install (56K.....ummm....i wish u luck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight loss and tach install (56K.....ummm....i wish u luck)

Ok, I took out my rear seats, spare tire, jack, and that wooden covering thing, pics...

Oh and here is the tach install, i got a small one as i didnt need one of those huge 5" ricer magnets, here are the pics...

PS: Heres a vid of the tach in action
    Click here to see Video
    Last edited by 323drift; 04-19-2006, 08:45 PM.

Sweet.

You can take out the seatbelts and plastics to finish it up.

Comment

We should trade 323's!!!!

Nice car man!

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

you need a rear strut bar
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

yeah, i have the corksport front strut bar on order( out of stock, its shipping on may 10th) then its onto the rear strut bar

PS: do you guys know how to get that plastic off?

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift
            yeah, i have the corksport front strut bar on order( out of stock, its shipping on may 10th) then its onto the rear strut bar

PS: do you guys know how to get that plastic off?
            Take the clips out that hold it in.

Comment

ok cool, thanks

Comment

If you are going weight reduction way, I would cut the spare tire well out, and lose your gas tank. Install a Fuel cell. That saves ya Lots of weight!!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

The plastics are the easiest parts to remove. Just pull them out with your hands (after removing the screws and clips, of course), or pry them out with along screwdriver. Question...why did you choose to install thta tach, instead of switching to an LX gauge cluster?

Comment

i chose the tach because 1. The two junkyards close to me dont have any pros or 323s, 2. I didnt want to worry about the odometer issue, if and when i go to sell the car. It was also a good learning experience

Comment

you could have swapped the whole speed-o-meter to the new cluster and not had to worry about that.

Still looks good.

Also, do you still carry people around in the back? whats with the seat belts still there? thats like 5-8lbs right there

Comment

i kept them in because police get sketchy about stuff like that, same with ICBC, because its the removal of a safety device or something

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift
                          i kept them in because police get sketchy about stuff like that, same with ICBC, because its the removal of a safety device or something

Tint!

Comment

nice tach, i advise you putting the spare and jack back in (when you not racing) i had a friend do that and then get stranded for hours outside of town w/o a spare or anything lol
                            Originally posted by 90prtege
                            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                            Originally posted by Turpro
                            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                            CRZbrussian: that sux
                            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

yeah, i thought about that for a little while, but I have BCAA, so hopefully they would save me in such a situation

Comment

Working...
                              X