Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help choose Wheelskiwheel cover, shift & e-brake boot co

Howdy folks!
    I'm thinking about ordering Wheelskins steering wheel covers and possibly the shift and e-brake boots.
    I'm redoing the entire interiors on my 91 LTS and 93 Tracer wagon. I'm primarily going with a two-toned look to copy what the new models of cars are doing (Caliber, Soltice, Fusion, etc).
    The interior plastics will be mostly black (donor pieces from Pro LX and MX3).
    The dash is staying stock or I might try dying it to black or charcoal.
    The door panels are modified Pro LX and will be two-toned in lt. gray and either black or charcoal.
    The seats (Recaro MX3 up front for both, stock rear for wagon, Pro LX rear for LTS) will be done in perforated leather in lt. gray and either black or charcoal.

Soooo, here's my questions.
    Fist off, does anyone have experience with this product?
    Both cars are the dk red/maroon color, and I'm thinking that a little bit of color on the interior might be OK.
    Should I incorporate the body color into the interior in just these few pieces, or should I stick with the overall interior scheme of lt. gray and black or charcoal?
    If I go with some body color the steering wheel cover will be half body color and half black, the boots will be body color.
    Also, if I do that, I'm thinking that the leather stitching should be in body color as well???
    Based on your ideas for steering wheel colors, what colors should be on top/bottom and sides?

Tell me what you all think and thanks for your input.
    Thanks, Bill.

ps, some of you who know my current situation might ask why the hell am I even doing anything or even spending one dime on my cars. Reason, I've decided to take the advice my best bud gave me almost 3 months ago and try my damnedest to get both of my cars done and looking and running sweet. Just another form of therapy for me during this time in my life.

pics of current, and possible color swatches
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard
      pics of current, and possible color swatches
      Potential Wheelskins colors:

For best body color match I'd go with the burgandy. The charcoal is very close to the one I might use, black is black, their gray is darker than the gray I'm using, here: http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...e/car%20stuff/

I hope that helps.
      Bill.

Comment

I would do the 2-tone Gray and Black with body color stitching, or if you can tell enough of a difference between the 2 colors, go with Black and Charcoal, but I would do a suede finish on the steering wheel like in a race car or any AMG/Brabus car, Porsche is also doing this in their GT3 RS, but it looks awesome and provides incredible grip, but if you want all leather, then have at it.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Black and grey FTW!

Comment

Working...
          X