will 18 rims fit my 93 pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will 18 rims fit my 93 pro?

im gonna buy some but want to know if 18 inch rims along with a tire will eff up my car when i hit bumps and when i turn

I need your help. I have been looking at some used rims and the ones I want are 18 inch. Will these fit my car?

Tire: Cooper 215/35/18
    Rims: 18" Enkei Evo5

what is the offset and width of the rims in question? although i am inclined to say no they wont but with correct fitment im sure it is possible but again need to know the offset and width of said rim and 215 may be too wide but may not be.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

yes they will fit. just get teh correct offset and if your lowered roll your fenders.

NEUMAN

Comment

How exactly do you "roll a fender"? I'm not familiar with that term.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

18s will definitely fit, just dont lower it unless you plan on cleaning out your fender wells. i have a buddy with a 93 pro lx with 18s. they came off a civic.
          sigpic

Comment

anyone gotta pic a that? 18s on a pro would be huge.

Comment

On a car that small? 18's? Even if it works it probably looks outright retarded. Maybe not to some but to me it probably would.

Comment

18 rims should fit in the trunk, unless the rims are still on wheels...then you could get maybe 6 in the trunk and put another 6 or so in the back seat possibly.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                  18 rims should fit in the trunk, unless the rims are still on wheels...then you could get maybe 6 in the trunk and put another 6 or so in the back seat possibly.
                  Thank you, thank you. I got such a great laugh out of that. I needed that.

Comment

Originally posted by mannydingo View Post
                    Thank you, thank you. I got such a great laugh out of that. I needed that.
                    Hah, well you know, goofy question gets a goofy answer.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by mannydingo View Post
                      On a car that small? 18's? Even if it works it probably looks outright retarded. Maybe not to some but to me it probably would.
                      Not to mention make the car slower and get crappier mileage AND now make it stealable!
                      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

I think the consensus is that you don't do this. Once again, if it looks that good to you, or, all your friends like that stuff and you want to impress them then go ahead. It's your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mymazdasucks View Post
                          im gonna buy some but want to know if 18 inch rims along with a tire will eff up my car when i hit bumps and when i turn

I need your help. I have been looking at some used rims and the ones I want are 18 inch. Will these fit my car?

Tire: Cooper 215/35/18
                          Rims: 18" Enkei Evo5
                          Nice user name.

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                            Nice user name.(about the username "mymazdasucks")
                            Hey, I didn't even notice his user name. Maybe the 18" rims will make him feel differently about his Mazda. That would be the first plus I could see in that size wheel for his car.

Comment

I wouldn't push it with 18", less rubber more metal. You will some what compromise the ride a bit. Width if 195 would be great, 205 would maximum limit, 215 would be to big; unless you increase your offset and have your wheels stick out about and inch from your fender. It might be a problem if you car is lowered, unless you roll or cut it back your fender to increase radius so your tire don't scrape.

Comment

Working...
                              X