Speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers.

I am trying to replace my speakers in my Car (All Blown paper seperated) and now my Haymes manual said they were 5.25 speakers but they are not. what size are they? and how do i mount them they only have three mounting screws.

I drive a 92 protege DX

i forget what size the stock speakers are in the bg. 5.25" is a safe bet but if you say they're not, it could be a 4" (if they're smaller), 6" and 6.5".

with a few minor mods, the 6.5" will definitely fit. as for the 3 mounting screws, there are aftermaket speakers that have the provision for 4 and 3 screw mounting. if not, you can always drill new holes in order to mount the speakers properly.

Comment

6.5's all the way around. nothing else.

NEUMAN

Comment

Originally posted by jediknightbob View Post
        my Haymes manual said they were 5.25 speakers but they are not. what size are they?
        if you know there not 5.25 then you must know what size they are, know how to use a tape measue?

mine were all 5.25, but i replaced with 6.5's all around. cause they fit.

Comment

yep, 6.5s here as well, I think I had to screw some screws in a little diagonally, but I'm not sure, its been a while since I used the stock mounting holes. I built myself some rings out of MDF for better mounting.
          Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X