'90 323, EDM front lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'90 323, EDM front lights

Well, I finally have some time coming up to spend on my 323 again.

I've got EDM headlights (with level-adjusting motor) and the corners.

my question is on the vertical white light on the corners. Are those considered the DRL (Daytime Runniing Lights), or are they something different?

Do they turn on separately from the regular running lights, or are they on the same circuit?

Thanks,

--sarge

I have them wired up as the running lights so they come on as the first turn on the light stalk instead of the turn signal lights that normaly turn on. You could wire them as DRL's if you wanted. But I still don't see the point of DRL's, save the canadians saying its saves peoples lives that are to stupid to turn their lights on.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

the bad thing about that is that it's counter to the 'survival of the fittest' tenet and will really start messing with the gene pool...

Well, my front clip has the bulb for them tied into one of the wires for the running lights, but the other wire's separate, so i wasn't sure if it was separately switched or not. I can't actually remember how they worked back when the clip was all together and I was playing with the lights. Dang, that was like 5 years ago!

I'm sort of toying with the idea of using the whole light harness from the gtx clip, but that stuff is a PITA, since you've got to remove the inner and outer fenders to change it (already done on the gtx, but it would be annoying on my 323.) I'll probably just make adapters with a couple of old 9004 bulbs, and run off of my existing wiring, since I'm lazy.

thanks, mang.

--sarge

Comment

Your headlights came in too, eh.

The clear part of the corners is the parking light, the orange part is the directional.

My sets of JDM corners came with harnesses that plug right into the USDM harness in both of my cars and is plug and play.

Comment

Working...
        X