my custom bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my custom bumper

just got this back from rioracer he joined my stock front upper bumper with the lower half of some half a bumper i got from a friend after 10 hrs of work glass,bondo its basicly done i need about 3 more coats of primer then wet sand it and ill be done .pic go from start to finish .

and now
    Last edited by stylingtwagon; 04-27-2009, 12:21 AM.

it will be perfect with my 20in by 9 in fmic

Comment

It dosent look half bad.. Nice job!
      1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
        It dosent look half bad.. Nice job!
        I like the idea, but how's the two pieces attched to each other, let's see some better pics. You know the jammy front, back, side to side...
        Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

looks pretty good. any pics of the process?
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

from the first pic it looks like the two parts were rivited together before the finishing work began
            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

actually two parts are screwed together every 6 in down the line with ss screws then fiber glass work lots of in in thin amounts then sanded and finally a nice thin coat of light weight really good filler my buddy said it was the best he has seen i got a good deal on a gallon .

Comment

Just outta curiosity, is this a plastic top on a fiberglass bottom?

Those two materials do not mix. after bolting it on and a few days of driving, you'll get a nice crack all the way through where the two are connected.

otherwise, i look forward to seein' it bolted up.

Comment

i thought about doing something similar since i had to get a new front bumper cover. saw the jdm stuff but costs too much from corksport and thought i might do something custom. but after thinking it over, it was just too much work than i have time for, so i just went and got a new OE replacement. props on the work tho. ditto on seeing how it holds up.
                  95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

got it mounted on the car heres the pics,

i installed the intercooler too ill hook up the piping another day i have a blown wheel bearing i need to replace before i do anything

Comment

its a stock upper bumper and fiber lower but its not going to crack its very thich stuff not like the chepy body kits u see on civics and it got special filler it it that bond just as good to fiberglass as it does metal and its has 7 coats of poly primer .shot with a gun.

Comment

does painting a fmic black raise the core temp while its running because black holds heat more .?

Comment

Originally posted by stylingtwagon View Post
                          its a stock upper bumper and fiber lower but its not going to crack its very thich stuff not like the chepy body kits u see on civics and it got special filler it it that bond just as good to fiberglass as it does metal and its has 7 coats of poly primer .shot with a gun.
                          Good stuff, man.

to be on the safe side make sure there's some brackets holding the bottom of the bumper to the lower mount points of the car (like how i believe there are brackets under your intercooler holding it to the frame, do the same).

That stuff looks great.

If you're unsure of painting it black, i'd suggest going to a metalworks store and getting some mesh grille in black. stuff is dirt cheap at those places.

Comment

ya i dont know where those stores are or how to look em up in a phone book .lol

Comment

Originally posted by stylingtwagon View Post
                              ya i dont know where those stores are or how to look em up in a phone book .lol
                              aluminum/steel fence/door/bbq grill makers.

Comment

Working...
                              X