Difficulties removing hatch door windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficulties removing hatch door windows

Hey guys, stripping down the GTR and I jumped the gun. I removed most of the electrical system before I realized the windows need to be 3/4 down to be removed. Since that's no longer an option because I have electric windows, is there any other real way of removing the windows? What about hooking up a 12V source to the motor plug (2 prong)?

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69 View Post
    What about hooking up a 12V source to the motor plug (2 prong)?
    That should work.
    1987 Acura Integra LS (Now Parting Out)
    1989 Acura Integra LS
    1992 Mazda 323 (Current DD)

Comment

Yeah... I need a way to throttle it though, don't want to blow the motor.
      2 prong = a red and a black wire. Assuming the black is ground, does it work like this?
      current applied to red wire, grounded through black wire: window goes down.
      current applied to black wire, grounded through red wire: window goes up.

Kinda want to figure it out before I try and **** it up so bad I might as well replace the whole door.

Comment

You can use a 12v and ground. Try hooking it up one way, if the window trys going up the reverse polarity and it will go down. Problem solved
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Drummer69 View Post
          Yeah... I need a way to throttle it though, don't want to blow the motor.
          2 prong = a red and a black wire. Assuming the black is ground, does it work like this?
          current applied to red wire, grounded through black wire: window goes down.
          current applied to black wire, grounded through red wire: window goes up.

Kinda want to figure it out before I try and **** it up so bad I might as well replace the whole door.
          I'd assume so but I'm no electrician. I've spun window and sunroof motors with a full 12V battery before. Never had an issue. If you're worried you can go to RadioShack and buy a potentiometer or toggle/rocker switch or something similar so you can regulate the current.
          1987 Acura Integra LS (Now Parting Out)
          1989 Acura Integra LS
          1992 Mazda 323 (Current DD)

Comment

Originally posted by MinkelR View Post
            I'd assume so but I'm no electrician. I've spun window and sunroof motors with a full 12V battery before. Never had an issue. If you're worried you can go to RadioShack and buy a potentiometer or toggle/rocker switch or something similar so you can regulate the current.
            No need to do all that
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Coolio, I'll give that a shot. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
              X