Getting to Seatbelt Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to Seatbelt Motors

How do I remove the trim to get to the motor/attachment on the drivers side? Mine's busted and it's not under warranty.

It causes a seatbelt like to be constantly lit. Not like it matters, cause passenger nor drivers belts actually ever lock.

the cause of the light is in the center console, If you search around there is a write up on how to fix it. Most people just un-plug it and put a jumper wire in it and then it will never go off again.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

That might be for the light. I forgot to mention how my drivers side is "busted" though.

It doesn't move forward or back into place. Just stays in the back and I can't do anything about it. I hear it clicking and trying to move into where it thinks it should be, but nothing more.

Comment

the automatic seatbelt? You'll have to remove the bottom trim piece on the middle pillar, then the upper one and the one that goes around the door. Its a pretty straightforward thing. I would just get a junkyard unit or post a WTB thread. I bet a ton of people still have the automatic seatbelt stuff after switching to manual.
        -Steve

VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I need to find some manual belts to switch to. I hate the automatic crap and neither side locks if you pull fast on it. I feel safer in my rusted out Jeep then I do this for that fact.

Comment

For that I would also post a WTB thread. IIRC the canadian protege's and 323's got manual belts.
            -Steve

VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Will do. I'll see if I can fix that one to move at least for the mean time. Thanks.

Comment

They do lock, but not when you just pull on them. When I do spirited driving on mountain roads they lock frequently.

But yeah, manual belts would be better.
                1990 Protege 4WD
                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                X