i need ignition map or ignition advance specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need ignition map or ignition advance specs

i need ignition map or advance specs on the gt and gtx engines (bp) and BPT) can any one help me out??
    eat me

still working on the megasquirt dood? what's up w/you? how's the car ?
    00 dakota 4x4
    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Sounds like you are in an emer...

IS there a problem, your tone sounds like if something is very wrong with the vehicle. Does it start at least?

According to Chiltons Import Car Manual 1983-1990
      Chapter: Mazda, section 9-6 of the Gasoline Engine Tune-Up Specifications:::

B= before top dead center

1989 Mazda 323 (turbo)
      Ignition Timing is 12B for MT and AT

1989 Mazda 323 (NA)
      Ignition Timing is 2B for MT and AT

Comment

Well then. Now that you've supplied him with that little bit of useless information, I'll tell him what he needs to know.

Ignition specs for the BP are 10 degrees initial advance at idle, and 28 at 5000RPM.

Comment

B4 I forget

h eelooo

Dumb ass, he is talkin about the turbo one. not the NA!!

B4 you point your finger at others,

Is from 9 to 11 degres BTDC.
          Last edited by WTF; 09-03-2004, 11:12 AM. Reason: Hello!?

Comment

Looks whos talkin, Honda Ricer wannabe with a Frankenstein Protege.
            Haha, you edited that when you realized there's absolutely nothing rice about my car whatsoever. My car is all go, no show. 9-11 degrees? Sounds like 10 to me. What you didn't know smart guy, was that the electronic advance adds 18 degrees at 5000RPM. Of course you didn't.....

Comment

OOk, electronic guy

I got to start watching more Star Wars and less Star Trek to sound like a wanna be geek. Wow, thats a lot of plethora!

Comment

LOL...a lot of plethora? No matter how hard you try, you sound like a geek anyway, so you might as well be watching the Star Wars and Star Trek. BTW, Star Wars rocks, and I'm not afraid to admit it. There's a reason my sig says Rogue Squadron, and it has nothing to do with liking Star Wars.

Dude, if knowing a lot about cars makes me a geek, then I'm the biggest geek in the world. BTW, wannabe is one word, you should know that by now since it's your nickname and all......

Comment

ESA aahhh.."what??"

So that you leeeaarrnnn WWWAAANNNBBBEE geek...

The electronic ignition system is designed to eliminate the deterioration of spark quality which occurs in the breaker point ignition system as the breaker points wear. The breaker points, point actuating cam and the condenser have ben eliminated in the solid state distributor. The replacement was with an ignition module and a magnetic pulse-signal generator (pick-up).

The system is known so my buddy can GOOGLE IT is .... ESA (Electronic Spark Advance Ignition System.

TOOL

EDIT UPDATE:

That is why is from 9 to 11 B! HEELLOO!
                  Last edited by WTF; 09-03-2004, 11:26 PM. Reason: That is why...?

Comment

you make no sense

Comment

Originally posted by WTF
                      So that you leeeaarrnnn WWWAAANNNBBBEE geek...
                      You still didnt spell Wannabe right, you missed an A on it.
                      Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                      you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

What the hell is this? Yes, it's 10 BTDC. I didn't know about the electronic advance, though. The 88-89 Turbo motor is NOT the same as the motor in question.
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

WTF, you are a blabbering idiot, and you have no clue what you're talking about. Leave problem solving to people who know more than a 'google' search can provide.

Points type ignition has not been used on cars since the 70s, and stock ignition timing IS 10 degrees of initial advance. Like I already said, another 18 degrees is added at 5000RPM. WTF, why don't you go and 'google' and tell us all WHY another 18 degrees is added?

The electronic advance on ALL 90-94 BPs, including GTX and GTRs, is also dependent on AFM signals. But you already knew that, didn't you.

Charles, don't listen to him, as I believe I've provided you with the information you need. If you need to set base maps, they'd be a good start. 10 degrees is even pretty conservative with high boost.

Comment

Working...
                          X