Clear All

My GTX Isn't Getting a spark

Hello everyone, Can someone help me???

My beloved GTX isn't getting a spark
    It's getting fuel and power to the coil
    but why no spark
    i have tried new leads and spark plugs but nothing

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!

Do you have access to a factory service manual? It gives good instructions on how to test the ignition system.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Check the distributor cap and rotor. If they are not worn then chances are it may be the ignition coil. I had the same problem on my GTR and it turned out that the coil wasn't putting out enough power to create the spark needed to start the engine.
      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
      MODS:
      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
      TO DO LIST:
      EDM/JDM rear bumper
      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
      Repaint car

Comment

have somebody crank the car over while u ground out the coil wire with a screwdriver to the engine or body of the car. if u have spark at the coil then check the cap and rotor. if every thing looks fine with cap and rotor then make sure u have power to the distributor connector. if u have power to the connector then look into replacing the distributor.

Comment

I would check the wires going to the distributor, Mine was disconected and I didnt know it and it wouldnt start for a long time till I finally figured it out.

Comment

Working...
          X