did i just piss away $350??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did i just piss away $350??

i bought this JDM FWD tranny from an importer. it came off a BP i am being told that the jdm trannys are ****....is this not a G tranny?
    Attached Files
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

looks like a G to me, might even have a LSD inside like the KLZE V6 G-series did.

If it does...you'll need to source the same axles for that tranny, otherwise it won't work..for some reason the USDM axles won't fit in the LSD tranny's.

WTF car is it off of btw? (don't just say "jdm 323"..what trim? and what year?)
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

i dont know the car it came from but i know 100% that it came from a JDM BP...and its not LSD it has an open diff....i was there when they unloaded the container and that tranny was still connected to the BP 43K miles on that baby...i got the flywheel and clutch also... Braden tells me the JDM G trannys are NOT as good as the USDM G trannys, id he right? and when i order a clutch do i have to specify that its a JDM tranny?
      thanx dude!

More Information

Comment

i have no idea of what car it came from other then 1 with a bp.....here is a better pic....so this tranny is just like a USDM G tranny and will hold the GTX motor just fine? sry if i sound like a n00b but if it cant then i want my money back!...i also got the flywheel, clutch, and starter...
        Attached Files

More Information

Comment

Sooooooo....what are the advantages of this tranny?
          James G.
          sobe83@yahoo.com
          AIM: DVS 323BPT
          MySpace
          Cardomain
          <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
            Sooooooo....what are the advantages of this tranny?
            since they are the same, the only advantage would be less mileage on it. Unless you source the OEM LSD version.

There _may_ be different gearing, but i only see that happening if they were mated with other engines than the BP.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
              good news and bad news

good news... you scored yourself a 2nd gen G tranny, which is rare in north america anyway... you can't use it unless you change some parts out... you might as well sell it to someone who's doing a swap and make some bucks out of this!

bad news... this tranny is NOT the LSD type... but at least you won't have trouble finding axles that fit it!

from what I can guess based on the mostly complete info on the label, this tranny as built in late 1993 for the 1994 BHA8P... part of the label is scratched off (unless you can make out what's missing in the pic in person/close up) so I won't ever be able to find out exactly when it was made unless you can come up with the missing info
              correct me if im wrong....
              a gtx goes into a 2nd gen.....so wont this work just fine in my first gen if i use my motor mounts?