:( My car won't start anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:( My car won't start anymore

I have a Protege 1994 DX... I had radiator problems which made my engine overheat a couple of times.. I've fixed that... but recently i've been trying to start it but no luck... I cleaned the distributor cap, the rotor, changed the spark plugs and wires, but all i hear is the starter trying to make the car start. The sound the starter engine makes is weird.. its like if the engine will start but something's stopping it... I've checked all the fuses and my fuel pump is working fine.. The only way I can make the car work is if I push a car down a hill, let go of the clutch on 1st gear.... It then works perfectly... Till I turn it off and let it cool down for 5 minutes. If i shut it off and start it right away after, it starts fine.... Can anyone help me :S i would appreciate it alot!
    thanks

my car was doing this recently, turned out the #4 fuel injector was bad. when it's not starting try tapping all of your fuel injectors then try to start it. if it starts then you probally have an injector going out, but it also could be a host of other things too.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

but if there's only one going out it should still be able to start up the engine but the idle is going to be really bad. (vibration n ****) You should really check into your fuel pump fuse, relay, filter.

Comment

there have been a few threads about cold starts and what not, search for them and try what they did to fix the problem. It sounds like an extreme case of not wanting to start up on cold starts.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

My #4 injector was the only one going out, if the motor wasn't warm i would have to tap that injector to get it to start.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

Check your distributor wires, I had a broken wire and didnt know it and it would not start at all. Then I noticed the wire fixed it, and it started right away!! 91 DX in a 90 LX

Comment

Working...
            X