Mazda Parts Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda Parts Support

Just picked up a 92 Protege with 60K miles and looking to replace many of the door seals and window sweeps. Any idea if Mazda still supports parts for the First gen proteges?
    My other "Project Car" is a Shelby GLHS and dodge abandoned them years ago...All parts are NS1.
    I'm hoping I can still get some of the trim parts I need. Anyone tried lately?

TJ

not sure... but if you find some, tell us where
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

i recently ordered a boatload of replacement (mechanical) parts from www.mazdapontiacgmcparts.com
      they had everthing i needed
      Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

I believe dealerships still have a pretty good selection of 1st gen Protege parts - through the dealership my dad and I work for we've ordered tons of parts for my '94, and they have them - even if they give us wrong parts and we have to wait forever for stupid crap like a passenger side splash gaurd. But that's because of the union strike that ran from Aug. 1st to Oct. 16, I was laid off at the end of the 16th(a Saturday) and called back Monday the 18th because Fusz screwed up and had no nighttime car preps, but I had to adopt my Protege that night, and even though I went into work straight from the Honda dealership, check engine light on and poorly balanced tires, at 8:30pm, I ended up leaving at 9:10 because there was nothing to do. And low and behold, me, the kid they claim to be thier best car prep ever and a hard worker, was laid off again yesterday, and there's again no night porters. The parts dept. is way screwed up even though the same guys are working there, they have my 2 front speakers after they gave me the wrong ones, but they don't know which box they are in and are too jammed to look. I haven't given them a dime for the hundreds of dollars of parts I got and installed.(to name a few - clutch, brake pads, locks and key blanks(haven't been installed yet), exhaust gaskets, belts, valve cover gasket, front speakers, 2 new tires(my dad orders through the Mazda tire program and gets a good discount, $37.50 each for pretty good tires), etc.)

Anyway, most parts should be available and orderable, but if you're in STL you might get the wrong parts.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
        X