Seat Belt Module Killing Engine!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt Module Killing Engine!?!

Ok, my car has the weirdest problems and they're really starting to piss me off. The day before yesterday, I hopped into my car to drive away, but as soon as I started it, it sputtered and killed itself. I tried again, died again. Tried again, died again. I got it runnin and gave it gas and it didn't kill itself it out and ended up idling like normal. As soon as I closed my door, the auto-belt thing started jerkin sporatically and my engine sputtered (even while I attempted to add gas) itself to death. Through more tests, I found that the engine would work fine with no problems right up until the momentI opened or closed a front door thus setting off a seat belt. My attempt to fix was as follows: The module thing underneath the seat made a very odd loud clicking noise at the same time the belt was moving/engine was dieing. So I assumed the problem resided in that controller box thing. I took it out and took it apart and examined everything, it all LOOKED fine. I cleaned off any dust and such and re-hooked it all up hoping it was a faulty connection or some fluke. Same problem. However, what DID solve the problem was leaving the entire unit disconnected. The seatbelts didn't move, and the engine was fine. I moved the seatbelts to the closed position and removed it so I can drive for the time being and just hafta squeeze into my car underneath the belt. This is really annoying, does anyone have any ideas? I've pretty much decided that the unit thing is fqd up, so I guess the purpose of this post is more to say... HEY, does anyone have that thing under your seat?? I would like to just try replacing it. And again, since i must say this EVERY time, there are NO junkyards with my car in the area. I don't know why that module would have messed up and decided to suddenly freak one day, but that's wut it seems. So yeah, point being, anyone got one of those things I can have/buy?
    To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186
Working...
X