Canadian First Gen's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMAN
    and the US LX and GT has the same brakes as the 4WD as well as the GT-X.....
    My 4WD has drums in the rear... if the information earlier in this thread is correct then the US LX model and Canadian GT model have rear discs. Is this incorrect?

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
      My 4WD has drums in the rear... if the information earlier in this thread is correct then the US LX model and Canadian GT model have rear discs. Is this incorrect?
      Only the USDM LX and the CDN GT have rear discs, the USDM 4WD is just a DX with 4WD
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

oooh ahh.... the GT is soooooooo special
        the US spec LX has the "hard suspension"... just like the GT... ask anyone who has seen the passenger door jam sticker and they will tell you that... the US LX has exactly the same engine, transmission, brakes, AND suspension as the GT... and the US LX and GT has the same brakes as the 4WD as well as the GT-X..... the GT has the same bumpers as the OTHER 1st gens, what's different is the red pinstriping decal added onto it... EXACT same part number... ONLY the door moldings are different... whoopty... the 93 "GT" is just a special edition with the different headlights and seat trim... again, who cares.... the interior? different seats, that's nice... that's the only thing really worth mentioning.... the seat belts? the canadian DX/SE/LX didn't have them? who cares whether the car came with AC or not

NONE of the **** that's different between the GT/canadian cars versus the US LX has ANY ****ing thing to do with what the car REALLY is and it's performance.... drive both cars back to back, and they perform the same... the might not FEEL the same to the driver/passengers, but who gives a ****..... get rid of all that luxury bull**** and the eye candy, and it's the same ****ing car.... NONE of that **** is important

where did I say no cars in canada had automatic seat belts? were you refering to this post? English > you if that is the case.... I'm not going to even waste my time telling you where you failed SEE SIG

now stfu, people are tired of your superiority complex bull****

Listen up bitch. Just because I'm right about something that makes you look inept for once, you have to fly off the handle and whine like a 9 year old. I never once attacked you directly, but you get all rattled and bent out of shape because I recognized that GTs ARE special cars. Get over it man, YOU ARE the one with the superiority complex...all actin like you're the only one who knows anything about Protegés.

I stand by the fact that there is MUCH more difference between the Canadian GT and the US LX than the Japanese GT. GTs were built in Japan for Canada only. Get over it.

Comment

The USDM LX and the Canadian GT are more alike then the USDM LX and DX are... why is this such a big deal? The USDM LX and the CDN GT are pretty much the same car... same motor, tranny, suspension, brakes, etc.... can anybody argue with that logic?
          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
            WTF? Are you 100% sure about this???? This shouldn't be. 4WD have 4 wheel disc.
            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
              Only the USDM LX and the CDN GT have rear discs, the USDM 4WD is just a DX with 4WD
              Hardly. The 4WD is a whole other beast. It does have DX-like options though. (Or lack thereof.)

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
                The USDM LX and the Canadian GT are more alike then the USDM LX and DX are... why is this such a big deal? The USDM LX and the CDN GT are pretty much the same car... same motor, tranny, suspension, brakes, etc.... can anybody argue with that logic?
                Your post is so vague it's true.

It's when people start getting into things more in-depth and spouting mis-information...that's when it's a problem.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

[QUOTE=Gen1GT]
                  So lets drop this, "The GT is just an LX" crap please. [QUOTE]
                  Mechanicaly it is, the differnces are cosmetic only you say so yourself

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                  The differences between the LX and GT include the red pin striping, spoiler, seats and upholstry, daytime running lights, seatbelts and not to mention the limited numbers and full option list
                  The only differences between the C-Spec and J-Spec GTs are the two I mentioned.
                  Hummm, you should read the spec sheet that I posted , power is not the same and I'm pretty positive the Canadian GT did not have ABS

Also, I in the link Mike posted, Edwin mentioned that[SIZE=1] no cars in Canada had automatic seatbelts,[/SIZE] which is untrue.
                  Might have been doing some selective reading there

ALL US 1st gens have automatic seat belts, because NHTSA is retarded and wanted "passive" restraints...

Comment

Where did you post this spec sheet?

You are correct, GT doesn't have ABS.

What's this about power ratings?

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                      Where did you post this spec sheet?

You are correct, GT doesn't have ABS.

What's this about power ratings?
                      oups sorry
                      Attached Files

Comment

That was a nice document.

However, it has no bearing on the CDN GT or any North American Protege for that matter.

Where did you get it?

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
                          That was a nice document.

However, it has no bearing on the CDN GT or any North American Protege for that matter.

Where did you get it?
                          I Know I was refering to the differences between the J-spec GT compared to the CDM GT

Comment

I see.

Where did you get those stats?

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Listen up bitch. Just because I'm right about something that makes you look inept for once, you have to fly off the handle and whine like a 9 year old. I never once attacked you directly, but you get all rattled and bent out of shape because I recognized that GTs ARE special cars. Get over it man, YOU ARE the one with the superiority complex...all actin like you're the only one who knows anything about Protegés.

I stand by the fact that there is MUCH more difference between the Canadian GT and the US LX than the Japanese GT. GTs were built in Japan for Canada only. Get over it.
                              My god....both of you!

who the **** cares?

the GT has some nifty seats, some red striping, and a spoiler... who the **** cares? It's the same mechanically, and that's what matters.
                              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES
                              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                                My god....both of you!

who the **** cares?

the GT has some nifty seats, some red striping, and a spoiler... who the **** cares? It's the same mechanically, and that's what matters.
                                My toughts exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X