Different injectors and something over distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different injectors and something over distributor

I have few B6 related questions. I know B6 (injection 8v) was only in 323 HB BG in usa but here in Europe we had them in sedans also. I was emailing a mazda owner in a country next to me (so its not a market difference) something related to his car. I have a 323sedan (protege) 1990 with B6-E and so does he... the only difference in appereance is different color However... under the hood there are some different things and engines should be the same. His injectors are purple (the plastic part ofcourse) and mine are orange. How come?
    Question number 2.
    What is this metal part over the distributor and what are these hoses for which are connected to the intake? My engine doesnt have that part and on the place where he has hoses i have two holes

I know you guys mainly talk about BP`s here and B8 because B6 is non of your interes since you have a lot better 1.8 there. But here a B6 is the best i can get so i must have fun with it. Help me out and teach me
    TNX!

p.s. the last pic is my engine, for comparison
    Attached Files
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

that almost looks like an aftermarket picec over the distributor..... odd.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yeah i was bout to say that too... hmm
      not sure what that is.. but it's some kind of vacumn valve at best guess
      the tube comming from/to your intake and onto your valve cover, on the side of the intake boot, would be your breather hose, blowing air/oil into your intake, on the other side would be your pcv

edit* hmm.. looking at the hoses, i'm assuming you were talking about these not the pcv/breather, they run to the throttle body... but what's odd is... your car doesnt use it... which is... strange.... hmm.. someone check if their car's have this please, or it their throttle bodies dont use those two hoses, i can't check till next week when i go home. sorry
      Last edited by hienishere; 03-24-2005, 12:59 PM.

Comment

its not my car... my car is 3rd pic... The part is not aftermarket...everything is stock... even the purple injectors ( ??? )
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

Comment

Ok.... WTF!!! He just emailed me and told me that its a 1.3l 50kw!!! B3 engine?? They were also 8 valve??? And could they be so simmilar in appereance???
          One day you are born,
          The next big milestone
          you can't get enough!

Comment

I thought the B3 had a weird intake manifold with the air tube going over teh valve cover... anyway, I think that vacuum thing over the distributor might be a vacuum advance setting? from before they started using electronic advance? I'm probably way off but I know that's how they used to control timing advance.
            Ask me about engine management!

Comment

1.3 vs. 1.6...?

If the previous owner sold you the car as a 1.6 you can work for your money back.

That is false advertising or fraud.

Good luck

And yeah, I have been in numerous junk yards and never seen that weird piece on top of the disty.

Comment

yeah it's gotta be a vacuum advance thing because there are no wires going to the disty. That's all I can think of it being. (personally I think vacuum advance is kewl, although it'd suck if you got a vacuum leak )

Comment

if you're interested, I could part out my MX-3's B6-ZE and send you whatever you want... dunno what you'd need though. Could you swap the 8 valve head with the 16 valve?

Comment

Holy **** people can you read??? THAT IS NOT MY CAR!!! Its my "friend" (never met him, only chat via internet) car who lives in Slovenia! And I just wanted to find out what that was,and why are injectors different color, not interested in buying anything. Tnx anyway.

2 Matt_fulghum: that head swap is not possible, had that in mind already
                    One day you are born,
                    The next big milestone
                    you can't get enough!

Comment

the motor that has the intake manifold pipe going over the valve cover is the b6t more than likely tha tyou have seen.

It is very possible that they could look that close in similarity as well. Its only roughyly 300cc's of difference. Be glad you got the b6 and not the b3!

Comment

Well... i hope that im B6!!! Im confused :briggin:
                        So a B6 is actually a bored out version of a B3. But B3 had 16v and this is 8v ?
                        One day you are born,
                        The next big milestone
                        you can't get enough!

Comment

No, I would think that the B3 is the same as the festiva motor we got here in the states (1.3 SOHC 8v)

anyone know for sure?

Comment

Could be...honestly i had no idea that engine existed... Checked autodata 2004 right now.
                            This B3 8 valve has code B3E and it says 67hp. And B3 is code for 1.3 16v, 73hp.
                            One day you are born,
                            The next big milestone
                            you can't get enough!

Comment

hhhmmm.

Well I guess there was an 8v and 16v version just like the B6E in the 323 and the B6 in the early MX-3's.

Comment

Working...
                              X