question on exhaust and miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on exhaust and miss

ok i just ran a full 2.5" exhaust on my pro. and back by the right rear tire how did you all keep your exhaust away from the brake line. and now for the miss today i was driveing and under acceleration it started missing but at about 70mph it stops it wouldn't do it at idle then i checked my plugs and reset the gap then after about 20min of driveing it started missing at idle and i know the timing is too far advanced do to the plugs and it idles high but what could be the problem

btw i have a sohc 1.8 if it matters
    Last edited by bigman22556; 04-01-2005, 09:15 PM.

2 months ago

Comment

no its not injectors or fuel filter, check your coil or wires.
      1994 Mazda Protege GTX

1990 Mazda Familia GTX BPT engine swap
      Walbro 255lph fuel pump
      ACT high performance street cluctch kit
      Arospeed coilovers
      Custom clear corners
      Custom side markers
      Custom MazdaSpeed windshield logo
      TurboXS boost controller
      1990 Mazda Familia GTX Front bumper
      NGK 1 step colder spark plugs
      Accel performance wires

Future Plans:

Rims, sideskirts, front mount intercooler conversion, GTR turbo, turbo timer, and paint.

Comment

when you advanced the timing did you use a jumper beteen pin #10 and GND? If not your base timing could be off, making your advancement too far in the ditsy.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

hey just wanted to let you know i put a new fuel filter on it new spark plugs new wires and adjusted the timeing and cleaned the injectors by hand new plus gas and the miss is gone except at high rpms and cold start up now what is it oh and the fuel filter looked factory and thats scarry

Comment

Working...
          X