Help! AC Stinks!! What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! AC Stinks!! What can I do?

Ok so I have a 92' Protege DX. The AC still works on it, except for the occasional clanking sound. But recently when I turn the AC on during a hot day. The AC stinks something potent! The smell goes away after about 10 minutes but it comes back once the car sits for a day or so. What is causing this? To explain what it smells like...it smells like something crawled in to the AC vent and Died.......which actually may be the truth for all I know.

Anyway, is there a filter or something to clean? I have no idea where to look and what to do...any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

bacteria... try some special antiseptic spray for ac ...
    for driving..if you use the ac regularly, turn off the ac about 5mins before turning your car off... that prevents the smell..
    Girls on Proteges

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
      go to napa and buy the AC odor/microorganisms killer stuff... you can get the mazda stuff too... the TSB has info on that and how to do the treatment
      Ok but I heard there is an air/pollen filter thing you can replace somewhere? I had some kind of coolant leak that leaked in to the floorboard of my car. Since then the stink came. But its only when I turn on the AC.....it smells like something dead and decomposed....its very bad...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        time for a new heater core buddy
        Really? can I just bypass the heater core? I don't want to spend any money of the thing

Comment

Working...
        X