Problem with my air vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with my air vents

when i turn on the fan the amount of air that's suppose to come out doesn't come out...i tried all the settings...face, floor, windows...all the same, when i turn it to the highest setting (4) i hear the air, but the amount of air that comes out the vent is the same as if u were driving with the fan off. so how can i fix it? my guess is that the hose that leads up to the vents is missaligned, don't think it's clogged because if it was wouldn't the air sound more muffled? and when i put the setting to 4 it sounds the same as when it used to work normally....I can hear a lot of air from behind the Glove compartment...is that were the stuff to the air vent is? if so how do i get to it???

Ummm, I think you may have the same problem my 323 has. Check the actual fan box, furthest right passenger side behind glove compartment. You might have a big hole in it

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

how do i get back there to check? is it pretty straight forward where if i see a screw just in do it? is there any weird placed screws or clips that i should be aware of? cuz i took a quick look at the glove box and looks like it's got 2 or 4 screws, do i need to take off that plastic cover thing, right underneath the glove box? and i'm guessing that if there's big hold in it, it's gotta be replaced?

Comment

oh well i removed my glove box and i found that the hose from the fan, that leads to the spreader (thing that redirects to certain vents, for example face, feet, windows. Called it spreader cuz it sounds cool), so yeah i just realigned it and saw that there is a hole, i guess for some sort of screw, any one know what's suppose to be there to help hold it so that the hose doesn't come disconnected? sry didn't take a picture of it, cuz it was late and i didn't want to leave my glove box unscrewed.

Comment

Working...
        X