Door Latch Recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Latch Recall

In February of 2003, I got a notice that there was a door latch recall on our particular car. I contacted the local dealership, they confirmed, and said that if I swung by with my car, they'd replace/repair the recalled part for free. That was 2 years ago. I never did it, but I found the paper today (two years old, my room was dirty, what can I say) and wondered if anybody knew any information about this. Or if anyone did it. Or anything, really. I'm pretty busy, and not gonna drop off my car for an hour if it's just to replace something stupid I can do on my own. Any input anybody???
    To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Originally posted by 13r1an
    In February of 2003, I got a notice that there was a door latch recall on our particular car. I contacted the local dealership, they confirmed, and said that if I swung by with my car, they'd replace/repair the recalled part for free. That was 2 years ago. I never did it, but I found the paper today (two years old, my room was dirty, what can I say) and wondered if anybody knew any information about this. Or if anyone did it. Or anything, really. I'm pretty busy, and not gonna drop off my car for an hour if it's just to replace something stupid I can do on my own. Any input anybody???

Nope, i hadn't any idea of one, scan it and send us a copy of it
    Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

didnt see any mention of it in the FAQ either....
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

It's a door latch switch recall, not very much info available on the web. From the little bit I did find on the web it involves MX3's and Proteges. Not sure about the 323's though. If you know someone who can run a Carfax there's a lot more info with that, but my carfax expired in march so it wont tell me the whole details on the recall.

93' 5spd DX
        R.I.P

Comment

I had a friend run a CarFax on my car, lemme check it and I'll post the findings.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Meh, all it says for mine is that there's no recalls open for repair. Doesn't list any recalls that were done.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Yes, now I remember... that's actaully how I heard about it. I got a free CarFax trial thing and like a month after I did it, I got an email that said there was a recall. I simply never took care of it. I dont' have anything to scan to send you, I just have the most recent email I recieved from them, which listed the local mazda dealership and said I should just drop by and they can fix it within an hour. Pretty useless.

Perhaps 94's (or LX's) had the problem resolved. I have a 93, and I KNOW that this applied to my car. and now protegebob has basically confirmed that the recall does exist, although no real information exists about it... Sooo... what's the next step now? I should prolly call the dealership I guess. ):

Comment

It's probably to fix that ****ing automatic seatbelt
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

okay... but... nobody has any real information....?

I admit, this may not be as severe as the pokemon ball recall from mcdonalds, but I would imagine that people would be slightly more concerned that they were driving potentially deadly vehicles. I mean, let's say I'm drivin down the highway and suddenly my door latch explodes, sending shards of metal thoughout my entire vehicle, ripping through my interior along with my intestines. Suddenly I'm swerving, the gigantic hole on the side of my car has left me dealing with g forces in every direction. Blood sprays across my windshield and I accidentally cut off a semi truck who blares all his air horns at me warning me to get it together. But I can't get it together, since my vehicle is fatally wounded. A tire explodes, sending me slamming into a ditch. The front bumper catches a small tree, rips apart the entire front clip as the car flips itself, once, twice, three times until landing with a horrendous crunch on the roof. Shards of metal impaling my skin hold me in place and I am stuck, left to die upside down in my own intestinal fluids. All because I didn't get my door latch recalled.

Comment

it's not for the door latch, it's for the switch that makes the seatbelt go forward when you open the door They'll replace the switch if yours is broken (seatbelts don't go forward when you open the door), I need to take Melissa's car down to the stealership and have it done.
                    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
                      it's not for the door latch, it's for the switch that makes the seatbelt go forward when you open the door They'll replace the switch if yours is broken (seatbelts don't go forward when you open the door), I need to take Melissa's car down to the stealership and have it done.
                      hahahaha auto seatbelt suckin3ss strikes again!!!1
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

so.... i wont' die if I dont' fix this then... i'll just irritate my passengers?

hah! why WOULD I fix it then?! mine works fine. that's all i care about.

Comment

so, since my passenger side seatbelt won't go foward when i open the door, then if i take it to them, then they will replace it for free? mine's a 91, so does it concern 90-93 ones?
                          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
                          X