Ok WTF is my pro doin.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok WTF is my pro doin.....

Here's the story, a few months ago, my car started dying as I would drive. It would die for like 2 seconds then I'd hit the gas and it's come back alive. This went on for a few weeks. Then it started dying completely. And not start up again for a good 15+ minutes. It only did this when it was hot. So I replaced the coolant temp sensor, fan switch, and fuel filter...then I unplugged the ECU over night to reset it. It ran and drove fine for about 3 days, now it is starting to momentarily die as Im driving, but kick back up. WTF?? Fuel pump? Injectors maybe? Spark plugs, wires, cap an rotor are all new as well....what ya think?
    Eat ****.

fuel filter, fuel pump... do the fuel filter first because it only cost $15 and you probably need one anyways. Check out my uber-sweet how to in the how to forum.
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

hey man,
      i just got my 323 and it started doing the exact same thing on my way home it got progessively worse and worse until the car would die all together so i had to pull over and wait a few minutes to start it back up...I did alittle road side surgery and got it to spring back to life and i havent had a problem since. I put a new air filter in and i also took out the fuel pump and realigned it and put it back in. I dont know which of the 2 actually fixed the problem i think it must of been the fuel pump....I think what was happening was it got twisted or so by the last person who worked on it and it was starving for fuel then over time the pump would over heat and make the car die....Just take yours out but a new filter on it and make sure its good and aligned so that it will get fuel at all times. hope that helps
      sigpic

Comment

cool....i put a new fuel filter in less than 50 miles ago...Ill try the fuel pump. On our BG's we only have to pull the rear seat up and its right there correct? Don't have to drop the fuel tank?? Thanks!
        Eat ****.

Comment

nope you dont have to drop the tank, its under the seat. If your tank is more than half full and you open the pump hatch, fuel will spill out so be careful

Comment

dang...i just filled up about 1/2 way.
            Eat ****.

Comment

Also when you reseat the pump, make sure to seat the rubber seal properly as otherwise, once again, you will leak. I dropped my seal in the tank and it was fun to fish out

Comment

why not check to see if you have a vacuum leak, like your intake bypass valve befoe you start buying ****...

Comment

ive gone over every vacuum hose there is on the car...everything is good in that area. It only happens when its warm to.
                  Eat ****.

Comment

well if your fuel pump is bad i don't see how a warm engine would make a diff...?

Comment

me either...
                      sometimes though..it takes a bit to start up....
                      Eat ****.

Comment

is the engine cranking fine when you start it, and are you getting spark to each plug? either your fuel system or failing or your not getting air/sensors are not working. i would check for codes and see if you have a problem with your vaf, that would cause it to die on you too.

Comment

It cranks fine...but as I said sometimes in the morning, it takes 6 or 7 times to get it to fire instead of the usual 2 or 3.

pulled the codes...didnt get anything...Im gonna start replacing sensors now....IAT first, then whatever else I remember...lol.
                          Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                          X