Think i finally figured it out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think i finally figured it out...

Ok, so today I put a new cone filter on my vaf and as I was doing that, the wire from the dizzy to the coil came apart. I was like...wtf. So I looked closer and the protective rubber was corroded away, and the wire was hanging on by a few small strands. I pulled the boot off the coil and there was blue battery corrosion looking dust/crap inside the coil. So, I changed the coil out, and got a new set of plug wires. Hopefully this is what was causing my car to be stupid and die randomly. It makes sense, because before I drive my car I wait for it to warm up completely. Then as Im driving, the wire was probably being jarred around pretty good. And loosing a connection or something. Make sense?? I sure hope so!!!! ****ing OEM coil was $89 at the parts store....re-****ing-diculous.
    Eat ****.

You can rig any MSD coil into the car for under $30. Hell I used a Fleet Farm coil, that was only $10.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

so your car runs fine now?

Comment

guess that wasnt the problem....it died for like 1/2 second as i was driving and then came back to life. Fuel pump is next....i swear by the time I get done with this problem Ill have a 99% new car.
        Eat ****.

Comment

My car died for a half second on my way back to work from lunch yesterday... I forgot to tighten the battery cables last time I worked on it Both the pos and neg were really loose... glad they didn't come off while going around a turn at 65mph
          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

i'm running out of ideas man. i say go with the fuel pump, how much is that gonna set you back?

Comment

I got a hookup with a local lady...shes getting me one with an install kit for $85....its a walbro 255...

Im bout out of ideas to...if i don't figure it our soon, I may just bow down and take it to a shop

Wonder if it could be my ecu going bad ???
              Eat ****.

Comment

^^^
                na i doubt it unless you got some condensation build up or rust in it. i hope that pump works out for ya, let me know either way.

Comment

Working...
                X