Dont think my seat belts work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont think my seat belts work....

In my new 323 i was playing with the automatic seatbelts and gave them the jerk test. normally a seat belt locks up on such a quick jerk....mine dont...I tried a bunch at variable speeds but no lock up....what should i do? Can I convert my seat belts to manual belts? I hate automatic belts!
    sigpic

try braking or cornering hard. In my car, my seatbelts lock under boost

Comment

yeah if you're going and you stop quickly and jerk the belt it should stop. My drivers side seatbelt cable broke, the belt doesn't move on its own anymore, and in event of a crash, serves no purpose

92 Protege DX - Sold.
      91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
      95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
      96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
      90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
      98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
        Can I convert my seat belts to manual belts? I hate automatic belts!
        Automatic seat belts suck. They try to strangle you!

Yes, you can convert to manual.

Comment

i love my manual belts....altho every time the needle in my boost gauge moves the belt locks up
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

My auto belts don't do anything either... I can pull on them as hard as I can and they just yank right out. Not very comforting.

Comment

Lex is right...if u brake hard your belt should lock up.
              If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

yup, mine sure does lock up on hard braking and cornering...

Comment

i thought the same thing too...mine dont lock up when you pull them hard, but they sure do in a hard corner or brake

Comment

They are an interia-reel design, they will lock up just fine, trust me.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Mine don't... I've tested them on corners and even locked the brakes at 30 mph and they did nothing. Unless they work like airbags and only lock when there's an impact...

Comment

Gentlemen, I had an impact although it was minimal the belt Worked!Impact was a square hit in a heavy rain at est. 5-15 mph. Upon inmact the belt locked and does works when the brakes are applied hard. I disconnected the coupler in the driver post because the beep alert would sound continually and the automatic part did not work (the part that should move when the door opens). I think I am very fortunate, I fared well thanks to my belts working. The bumpers on these cars I can't complain about either. I drove away to check on the exterior 3 of my proto 3 miles later. The driver got out of his vehicle to see if I was ok. I gave the thumbs up as I was Ok and my proto was still running, hood was not crumped, gauges were ok. The engine did not even die. The driver of the construction truck and trailer then took off like a bat out of Hell. Maybe cause his flatbed trailer lights were not working.The seen was on the inside lane on Ky 4 expressway. Not a good place to stop for any good reason.
                        For safety sake of those you care for, GET THE BELT OPERABLE. I'm going to do the same and get them tested.
                        BTW Mazda has a recall on the seat belts. So we have little excuse not to check them.

David
                        David
                        sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                        X