need to know what this is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to know what this is

hey i need to know what this part is and if any one can tell me were to get it it has a piece broke off so i need one it goes in line on the vaccuum line to the fuel pressure regulator well at least on the SOHC motor
    Attached Files

If there are any numbers on it anywhere, that would most likely make the job easier for the more knowledgeable folks there.

In case anybody is blind, there's what looks just like a Mitsubishi logo on it...
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

there are very little nubers half broke off on the clip on the back heres what nubers it does have 43172 also that is a Mitsubishi logo on it

Comment

more pics to help out
        Attached Files

Comment

just a vaccum solenoid, dime a dozen at the junk yard, or free if you have pockets : )
          sigpic

Comment

what does it control? sorry just woundering if you know

Comment

I forgot the name to the damned thing. If you have the original factory hood, it's under there on the vacuum tube routing diagram. What breaks is the little plastic inlet tube that plugs into the vacuum hose. I should know. It was broken on my 2nd gen when I bought it and I just replaced it on my dad's MPV. I think it cost like $7 or $3 at the junkyard. I can't recall because I bought a couple of other items at the same time but it was no more than that.

Comment

I know I know uh i don't know ? But what i do know i have a few in one of my bolt buckets.
                I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

Yea, the man beat me to it but, yep thats what it does. It regulates vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator. It just tells it when to turn on and off. Manuals dont have it though...they just have a straight line to the FPR, right Laughingman?
                  sigpic

Comment

would you enlighten me? When i did my 2nd gen wire harness i studied it and never saw nor made a soleniod for the FPR.... Maybe 2nd gens are diffrent from first? Also the motor i got never had a solenoid for the FPR either....?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X