Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Hey all. Recently my 94 Pro DX makes a screeching sound when I hit the gas, or accelerate. It only does it sometimes. What can the problem be?
    '94 Mazda Protege DX

You're peeling out. Your tires are junk and peel out from the power of the B8.

Actually could be an axle or something. Most of the time the screetch happens because of the brakes though...

Does it make noise when cornering, sounds like you're dragging cans? That would be the axle issues.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Well it does it when the car is idle also. Just not as loud.
      '94 Mazda Protege DX

Comment

I was thinking it was some sort of belt. Opinions would be nice.
        '94 Mazda Protege DX

Comment

Ohh, you meant that kind of squeeling. Probably the alternator belt...mine was loose and it squeeled at launched and with the A/C on. Simple tightening fixed it.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Say your idling and it screeches.....does it go away if u rev it up? Its prolly just one of your belts. Check the tension and check em for cracks.

Comment

No, it gets louder when I rev it up.

Originally posted by Jho
              Say your idling and it screeches.....does it go away if u rev it up? Its prolly just one of your belts. Check the tension and check em for cracks.
              '94 Mazda Protege DX

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what it'll do. Start your car and open the hood, then rev it(turn the thottle wheel) and you should hear exactly where it's coming from. Or you can simply check the belt tension and tell if it's loose or not. The alternator belt runs farther back near the firewall, not the same as the AC/PS belt.

The alternator belt being loose can also cause slight power loss when it slips.

Comment

Sorry if I sound stupid, but there is the thottle wheel located?

Originally posted by MazKid
                  Yeah, that's exactly what it'll do. Start your car and open the hood, then rev it(turn the thottle wheel) and you should hear exactly where it's coming from. Or you can simply check the belt tension and tell if it's loose or not. The alternator belt runs farther back near the firewall, not the same as the AC/PS belt.

The alternator belt being loose can also cause slight power loss when it slips.
                  '94 Mazda Protege DX

Comment

The throttle body...it's on the intake manifold...the thing that says "Injected". Go from there to the right and you'll see a cable that goes to a wheel type thing, turning it clockwise opens the throttle which revs the engine.

Donno how else to explain it...

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                      The throttle body...it's on the intake manifold...the thing that says "Injected". Go from there to the right and you'll see a cable that goes to a wheel type thing, turning it clockwise opens the throttle which revs the engine.

Donno how else to explain it...
                      There is a cable (throttle cable) that runs into it on the underside.

good explanation IMO.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

thanks for making me waste my time by clicking on this thread that has a worthless thread title
                        And then u wasted your own time by post in the worthless thread :S

infiniGTR (3:36:37 PM): does homo mean the same thing in the US
                        JhoShizzLe (3:37:04 PM): yes, it means that you get lots of pussy
                        JhoShizzLe (3:37:13 PM)
                        infiniGTR (3:37:08 PM): you dirty homo
                        JhoShizzLe (3:37:25 PM): haha
                        Want JDM parts ? Ask here

Comment

As did i waste my time clicking this thread
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

I have to agree. Your title should say something like "Help, my car screeches when I hit the gas". Like that, only people that think they can help will click on this thread to give suggestions. Now click "Edit" and go back and change the title. Thank You

Comment

Jm1bghelpitscreechesr049343

Comment

Working...
                              X