Well the ole protege is down.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the ole protege is down.....

It got cold last night, and today I decided to put the ole beast up for the winter and begin the motor build. So I got started pulling the motor this morning, Im about 1/2 way done, but im tired now so Ill finish tomorrow.

The Plan:

send the block to a machine shop for: .030 bore, re-hone, hot tank, etc.
    Finally install my Wiseco miata (bp) 11:1 pistons and find some new rods
    Gonna take the head to a local shop and have em do a mild port job
    Corksport cams
    and all other supporting items: gaskets, bearings, possibly knife edge the crank, but prolly not.
    Hopefully a haltech, but if not, alot of dyno tuning until I get some sort of EMS.

Then the tranny is going to go off to a shop that I havent found yet, cyro treated, new syncro's, just a bad ass "new" transmission and get an LSD installed.

8pt roll cage built and welded in, with those super uncomfortable lightweight foam seats from summit racing as well.

And HOPEFULLY a ****ing paint job!!! LoL

Thats my plan, wanna break into the 13s all motor and do well in AUTOX and the occasional track event. Wish me luck
    Eat ****.

lol, no more stock street class in autoX I take it?

Pics would be sweet
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

no more stock autox, no....Im going to be unsmart and try to race all the badass machines....probably going into street prep, or street mod...

I don't have access to a digi cam anymore, but I got a few friends that have em...if they arent busy Ill try and see if they will take some shots for me.
      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
        no more stock autox, no....Im going to be unsmart and try to race all the badass machines....probably going into street prep, or street mod...

I don't have access to a digi cam anymore, but I got a few friends that have em...if they arent busy Ill try and see if they will take some shots for me.

awesome. Whats your hp goal?

Comment

I dunno....didn't really set a goal.....I guess something like 150-170 or so...I dunno. Not really planning for anything crazy, just something super fun which I think that combo there will help me acheive, and something original. Without proper dyno time and tuning I'll probably only hit like 140 which I don't really care. Long as it gives me a smile everytime I get in.
          Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
            I dunno....didn't really set a goal.....I guess something like 150-170 or so...I dunno. Not really planning for anything crazy, just something super fun which I think that combo there will help me acheive, and something original. Without proper dyno time and tuning I'll probably only hit like 140 which I don't really care. Long as it gives me a smile everytime I get in.
            In the end thats all that matters.

Comment

Yezzzzur
              Eat ****.

Comment

Wait a tic? Have you always had a 323? LOL. Good luck on all the work, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

hahah...no I have a protege....My number is 323 for autox events....lol
                  Eat ****.

Comment

So which car are you rebuilding?

Comment

ive only got 1 car...and its a protege....im rebuilding that. The protege is #323# in autox events.
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Oh! LOL. You ran a 14.9 in that bad boy? Why didn't you tell us about that?

Comment

Give Josh a run for his money! Yee-haw!
                          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                            Oh! LOL. You ran a 14.9 in that bad boy? Why didn't you tell us about that?
                            lol, guess you missed the thread.

Comment

Check this thread....
                              Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X