Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one should I choose ??

I'm looking
    What swap should I do ?? IT's for a Mazda 323 1993 5spd man.

1.8T - GTX (IHI20) GTR (IHI23) 200hp 180tq approx
    2.2T - Ford Probe GT 1992 145 hp 190tq approx
    2.5 - Jspec KLZE 220 hp 180tq approx

Which one would you pick and why ?

I know that the 1.8t is the one whos going to cost me the most.
    2.2t is the cheapest but whats up with reliability and for the KL I know that you need the MX-3 V6 to continue your quest... Anyhow my goal is to achieve a fine daily driver , 4 seasons wise ... and to be reliable & to have at the end a good 350 fwhp or awhp..
    Last edited by Slow&Fast; 09-17-2005, 03:10 PM.

Klze
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

GTR from your list. Personally for your goals, a NA bp with a miata manifold flipped and decent sized turbo would get you there the easiest...

If your shooting for 350 at the wheels, the GTR will do it the most reliably. It can do that on the stock turbo, and the internals are good for that amount roughly.

GTX will require massive internal work ($$$) or turbo upgrade to hit 350 whp.
      KL-ZE will require boost to hit 350 whp, and wont be as reliable.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

F2T is the hardest to make work IMO. Though you can get some massive power out of it, my brother's MX-6 GT dynoed 229whp and 255wft lbs like a year ago, and he's done a lot since.

I'd go GTR first, though the KLZE is a good choice for reliability if you want to leave it stock.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

The GTR will be the most straight-forward for the swap. Easy to pull power out w/ increased boost, and will fit easier than the other.

Personally I would go KL-ZE, just because a V6 in a small car is bad-ass, and I prefer low-end torque/ NA engines over turbo-lag boost assisted engines. Just out of assumption I think the KL-ZE would last longer than the GTR seeing as how it was built to be a DD engine, not a rally-car powerplant...

I don't have any personal experience with either though so I can't really help...

Comment

I say u go GTX.

motor loves to be run..it loves boost (to safe degree)

and it pops right with no problem.

Comment

I was orginally thinking GTX, or NA boosted, but he said 350 whp which is like >400bhp. That much is probably safest on a built up NA/GTX motor or the stock GTR.

Comment

I should also mention that there's atleast 1 person making supercharger kits for the KL V6, so that might be a good option since the power will be down low and the car would drive good thoughout the powerband.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                  I was orginally thinking GTX, or NA boosted, but he said 350 whp which is like >400bhp. That much is probably safest on a built up NA/GTX motor or the stock GTR.

this is true..

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    He added the 350hp goal after I replied!

I say forget the 350 goal, go klze with I/H/E and throw in a 100 shot of nitrous. That would be flippin sweet in a 323.
                    Last edited by D323; 09-18-2005, 12:51 PM.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                      He added the 350hp goal after I replied!

I say forget the 350 goal, go klze with I/H/E and throw in a 100 shot of nitrous. That would be flippin sweet in a 323.
                      That or a small SC that runs like 5-6 psi, that would be somewhat safe.

N2o would be more fun though.

Comment

fuk all that,.. build a 300whp GTX. END.

Comment

Working...
                        X