weekend project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mazdaboy1974
    What kind of paint did u use? it looks Great.
    krylon interior/exterior rattle can. 3 coats of black and 1 coat of clear.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
      I disagree, I think it looks much better without the center cap on.
      me too. i painted the 1st rim and cap a couple of days ago. trust me, they dont look good on.
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

new poly bushings and lower control arms came.
        Last edited by Turpro; 10-21-2006, 01:57 PM.
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
          me too. i painted the 1st rim and cap a couple of days ago. trust me, they dont look good on.
          In that case I would rather not paint them black. I agree that they would look better with the cap off but ONLY when there are no additional lug holes than needed. In your case, if they don't look good painted black with the caps on then I would rather leave them unpainted and left in the wheel's original color. I understand you don't like the caps on no matter what color the wheels are. It's a matter of taste. What bugs the heck out of me are those remaining holes. They look so ugly with bolts on some holes and not on others. Well, different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Can't u get little black caps to go into the remaning holes?
            like this but only in black?
            Last edited by mazdaboy1974; 10-21-2005, 01:27 AM.
            I Do not own a Mazda anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaboy1974
              Can't u get little black caps to go into the remaning holes?
              like this but only in black?
              I like the way you're thinking but I think something like that is going to end up looking tacky. It would have to be something that actually looks like lug nuts to pull that one off. Good thought anyway.

Comment

actually they look really nice like they are. My O.Z. wheels have the extra holes in them and I think that it just gives them more of a look.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bomdoutscort; 10-21-2005, 04:24 PM.
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

just got the car back. all new parts are in. man what a difference. i will post pics this weekend.
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

heres the pics. i haven't washed it yet but i do plan on detailing it this weekend.

1st one is the rear of the lower control rod.
                    2nd is front of control rod.
                    3rd is rear trailing link.
                    4th is front sway bar endlink.
                    5th is the (undetailed)car

i still have to put the shifter,rear endlink,and sway bar bushings in.

1 warning for new people. unless you don't mind a rough ride,don't do these upgrades. it is alot stiffer. i love the way it handles now. the rear is still a little squirly but i havent finished the rear yet.
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Sweet dood!

Comment

your parting out a lx????? you still have the head?
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                          i hate all you older member.....you guys always have funds to buy new toys lol
                          Bullsh*t.... the reason we have money for toys is we're too old to go out and party any more.
                          Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
                          '56 VW Cal Ragtop
                          www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                            Bullsh*t.... the reason we have money for toys is we're too old to go out and party any more.
                            I have to agree with that statement. I hit 31 this year.
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

dam thats nice looking...good job so far!...im so gonna paint my rims black.but maybe with a red lip...dunno yet.

Comment

ok i had a chance to detail it today. so here are some pics.
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                                X