No heat in my Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No heat in my Protege

I changed the thermostat and topped of the antifreeze and still no heat just warm air. The hoses for the heater core are hot (passenger side) and warm
    (driver side). So today I removed the radiator cap and jacked up the front of the car to remove any air in the system. I got alot of bubbles out and noticed that the air started to blow hot. So I drove around for a bit and started to get warmer air. Could this just be a result of alot of air in the sysytem?

thats whats i've been told.... when there is air in the system, the heater core is not able to perform...

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
      thats whats i've been told.... when there is air in the system, the heater core is not able to perform...
      Anybody know where the bleed valves for the coolant system are located? Does this car have a heater valve?

Comment

nope, no heater valve in our proteges. many times, it turns out to be a clog in the pipes, and sometimes its the dreadly DEAD HEATER CORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
          nope, no heater valve in our proteges. many times, it turns out to be a clog in the pipes, and sometimes its the dreadly DEAD HEATER CORE!!!
          lol, gotta pull the dash to get that mofo out... hope its just a clog.

When you put the coolant in, did you do it slowly and burp it the whole time? That tends to help.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

this might come in handy

Comment

One thing seems confusing.
              You wrote that "the hoses" to the heater core are hot.
              If BOTH hoses are hot, then that would imply that you are getting flow throught the heater core. If only the inlet hose was hot and the outlet was cooler that would indicate restricted flow.

Try looking at the controls for the doors in the ventilation system.
              Maybe the clip came off and the heater door is stuck in the closed position.

Comment

Working...
              X