Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Powered 323!! Help!

As the title says the 323 is battery powered for some reason

the Altenator is putting out 14.57 V to the battery wire and reads 14.55 at the battery.

this is my second Brand new battery this week and after 2 days it has died AGAIN!

the battery drains slowly to the point that the light will dim then the radio will flicker then hardly any lights
    till the motor sputters and misses when I hit my turn signal.

Any ideas?????
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

my **** did the same thing, and I pulled the alternator, and had it tested, and it was faulty....
    Eat ****.

Comment

yup, must likely the alternator, had the same thing happen to my friend

Comment

I'll have to check that, but its brand FARKIN NEW

like a month old and that was the month it sat cuz they yanked my tags

thanks again for the advice
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
          I'll have to check that, but its brand FARKIN NEW

like a month old and that was the month it sat cuz they yanked my tags

thanks again for the advice
          Is it a rebuilt autozone one (or something similar)? Do you have a shop that specializes in alternators? We're fortunate to have a alternator rebuilding shop here in town somewhere.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

go get it load tested.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

the battery drains slowly to the point that the light will dim then the radio will flicker then hardly any lights
              till the motor sputters and misses when I hit my turn signal.
              That happened to me once. My alternator had died so I replaced it, but afterward I had exactly those symptoms. Eventually y alternator mounting/adjustment bolt fell off so I put another one on, adjusted it and that took care of my problem.

I can't say for sure if that's your problem, but it's something to look at.
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
              X