This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy way to gain 9 hp

i came across this ad on cardomain.com about how a royal purple oil will give you more hp. here is the website http://www.royalpurple.com/video/video.html they even have video of dyno runs of before and after. so what you guys think?
    ANGEL

I hear if u add a windshield banner, it gives you like 15whp.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

add a primer paintjob and yur up to 20

Comment

and a whistle tip.....38whp!
        Eat ****.

Comment

wing! 100 hp!
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

American V8s have MASSIVE amounts of internal friction. Anything you can do to reduce the friction on one of those engines will help. On a small 4 cyl, you'd be hard pressed to see 1-2 running Royal Purple.

If everyone wants to pitch in on the cost of the oil and dyno time, I'll gladly test my car.

Comment

Royal Purple, Again

The dynamometer results are meaningless of course because we don't know if the before and after results were corrected to the same baseline parameters. Although it's known that true synthetic oils will increase BHP somewhat by reducing friction HP (IHP - the HP used to overcome internal engine friction = BHP), Royal Purple isn't even a true synthetic oil. They even admit to this fact on their own website. My guess is that Royal Purple is a hydrocracked Group III petroleum base stock oil and contains no synthetic constituents. Those of you who buy it are paying an exhorbitant price for what is essentially a mineral-based oil with none of the advantages of a true synthetic. Check out:

There is much material about synthetic oils on this Forum. A search would save time rather than posting the same information and questions over and over again about the extravagant claims made by these miraculous lubricating fluids.

Happy Motoring!
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                American V8s have MASSIVE amounts of internal friction. Anything you can do to reduce the friction on one of those engines will help. On a small 4 cyl, you'd be hard pressed to see 1-2 running Royal Purple.

If everyone wants to pitch in on the cost of the oil and dyno time, I'll gladly test my car.
                yeah thats true they only tested the oil with americans v8 but i already sended an email saying that i will like to see some results on small 4 cylinders engines like ours. lets wait for their responce and see what they have to say.
                ANGEL

Comment

also some jdm racing stickerzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                    The dynamometer results are meaningless of course because we don't know if the before and after results were corrected to the same baseline parameters. Although it's known that true synthetic oils will increase BHP somewhat by reducing friction HP (IHP - the HP used to overcome internal engine friction = BHP), Royal Purple isn't even a true synthetic oil. They even admit to this fact on their own website. My guess is that Royal Purple is a hydrocracked Group III petroleum base stock oil and contains no synthetic constituents. Those of you who buy it are paying an exhorbitant price for what is essentially a mineral-based oil with none of the advantages of a true synthetic. Check out:

There is much material about synthetic oils on this Forum. A search would save time rather than posting the same information and questions over and over again about the extravagant claims made by these miraculous lubricating fluids.

Happy Motoring!

this guy is either a jean-yus or reads to many non-fiction novels

LOL horay for intell-e-jent speeeech
                    1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

I hear if u add a windshield banner, it gives you like 15whp.
                      and a whistle tip.....38whp!
                      (Vibrant muffler)

wing! 100 hp!
                      (MS 2003.5 wing)

I was running 245 hp then a few weeks ago. I lost my 15 recently so then that means I am at 230 hp. You guys crack me up.

P.S. I have the fastest 2nd gen because of these custom mods.

San

Comment

you are so right.
                        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
                          (Vibrant muffler)
                          P.S. I have the fastest 2nd gen because of these custom mods.

San
                          Don't let Tawd hear you say that.

Happy Motoring!
                          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

i got their response back here is what they have to say

Thanks for the email -
                            The increase in performance of a piston engine is actually fairly typical, regardless of whether a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder engine.
                            It averages about 2%.

We have information (although I do not know if it is on the website) that has appeared in the import magazines on many Honda's, Nissans, Mazda's etc..
                            I race Mazda's so I have included some that even show increase's in rotary engines.

Remember, the oil does not know what kind of engine it is put into - so the typical performance gains of 2% hp, 3-5% fuel economy increase, and a reduction in emissions all the while the ability to run longer drain intervals and reduced wear on your engine will occur in any engine that is mechanically sound.

Cheers,

David

David Canitz
                            Tech Services Manager
                            Royal Purple Ltd
                            1 Royal Purple Lane
                            Porter, TX 77365
                            281-354-8600 x202
                            281-354-7335 fax
                            713-725-7207 cell
                            dcanitz@royalpurple.com
                            ANGEL

Comment

rarely does an increase in power yeild a higher increase in MPG... it just doesn't make sense.

Its good to see that they have a quick response in this corporate day in age where it usually takes 48-72 hours. I would be interested to see his response if you were to ask is the "synthetic oil" they sell made of Group III or group IV hydrocarbons.

That or link him to this webpage

Oh and
                              2% * 125 = 2.5

being that 125 is bhp (stock of course) 2.5 more bhp translates to MAYBE another 1/2 hp at the wheels.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                              X