Funny story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny story

About 3 days ago, after putting in another 15 bucks to the half-empty tank, the fuel gauge went up as high as it could go. I took this as a sign of not needing to re-fuel for another few days. The next day though, coming home from work, the gas pedal stopped working. I pulled off to the side of the road, and sure enough the car died, but started up again soon. Another 15 miles, and the car died again, only it would not start. I was completly out of gas in the middle of the night, in the mountain with no gas stations nearby. Then, 20 minutes later, the car started after me giving it a last try. I drove it another 5 miles where it died again, for good. So I called a friend to pick me up and bring a gas since I though that would be the problem. An hour later he showed up and the car started with the extra gasoling. Now, my question. What is wrong with the gasoline gauge? I've been told it would be from something simple enough as a faulty fuse, to the "floater" in the gas tank having gotten stuck at the very top. No blown fuses, so what could it be if not the "floater"?

gauge itself in the cluster has been known to crap out from what I have read...
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I hear your pain, brother. My car did the same thing too, except it was 2 miles from my house. I changed the floater and it didn't work, so I just fill it up when the needle hits half(which is really empty). Did your low fuel warning light come on?

Comment

thats the exact reason i never leave a gas station without a full tank, now how full my tank is when i get to the gas station is a completely different story, ask redfox about that one....lol

Comment

.. i personally think u should try to take out your fuel pump and make sure the little filter thing on the end is clean, or even there for that matter, then id look at a new fuel filter

Comment

Hmm...since I changed to the LX gauge cluster that must be the only light that's never come on. And I've allready been left with no gas (ironically, it was right on the freeway exit to my house) and the light never even came on. But yeah, I'm hoping it's the gauge that's faulty...because this morning I filled the tank again, and the gauge went down to the middle level. Then (because of what I filled her up with) up to full, and now on the 3/4 mark. Maybe it started working again?...I'll know for sure when I get to work tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
            X