Upper radiator hose makes gurgling noise after driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper radiator hose makes gurgling noise after driving

After driving my car on the highway for 15-20 minutes between 60-85mph I noticed a gurgling sound from my upper rad hose. The upper hose was hot to the touch and I could feel the "gurgle". The noise/feeling was like a person drinking a glass of water quickly without pausing. I'm thinking it might be air in the system or is this normal? I've never noticed the noise before and could only hear it when I popped the hood stuck my head close the radiator.

About 4 months ago I had the car at the stealership for a IAC problem. During which time they installed a new IAC valve with out telling my the price for the part and labor. When I went to pick up the car I told them I wasn't going to pay $800+ and to put the the old part back on. They told me that I could come pick it up tomorrow, but after 30 minutes I received a phone call telling me the car was done and I could pick it up.

My understanding is that to change out the IAC valve you have to remove the throttle body. Perhaps they didn't drain the coolant when putting the old valve back on and simply tried to keep the coolant line pointed up to prevent coolant from coming out?

Coincidentally the stalling problem I had at idle was gone with the "bad" part back on the car.

Sorry if this isn’t written clearly as I’m typing this up before class starts. If anybody needs more information or clarification of details I can provide them later tonight.e after warm up was gone with the supposdly bad part back on the car.
    Last edited by Silentbob343; 01-11-2006, 06:10 PM.
    2005 Mazda 3

burp the system and see if that makes it better.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking of flushing the system on Friday when I do my brake swap. I purchased the stuff to do it and even bought a new thermostat when I was doing some long overdue basic maintenance, but I never got around to doing it with moving and other garbage.

Car doesn’t over heat and I am not leaking coolant so I have those two things going for me .
      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
        Yeah I'm thinking of flushing the system on Friday when I do my brake swap. I purchased the stuff to do it and even bought a new thermostat when I was doing some long overdue basic maintenance, but I never got around to doing it with moving and other garbage.

Car doesn’t over heat and I am not leaking coolant so I have those two things going for me .

Probably just air in the system that needs to be burped out as you refil with the new coolant.

Glad its not a problem.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X