someone stole my protege "part 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone stole my protege "part 2"

the other thread was getting full so i didnt think id get the anwser i want out of it, thats y i started a quick new one.
    heres the deal with my recovered stolen protege, all the fuses are good, the starter i had tested and its good, everything works fine, the radio, fuel pump, lights but the starter wont engage with the key, theres no cut wires under the dash that ive seen.
    does anyone know exactly what wires i should test for voltage or what relays i should check to get the starter to work???

Starters good, fuel pumps good, but the starter will not engage when you turn the key....
    Go to the steering column harness connector, using a test light find the start wire and see if it lights up when you turn the key. If it does, follow the wire to where you can test it again.
    If it doesn't light up while you're testing the column wires, you know the problem is in the column.
    You can also find a friend who's got a Protege and switch relays till something turns up.
    Have you tried switching out that relay in the engine compartment that's bolted to the relay box? I forget what it's for, so forgive me if I'm leading you down a wrong path there.
    Realistically(sp?), the problem can be anywhere, you're gonna have to dig.
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

Ignition switch might be jacked up. I know on my 91gt I have to give it a good wack some times or it will never start.

Comment

Working...
      X