This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ_PaRaNoIsE View Post
    Well, today at work we used the stronger and longer b bars to give the axle nuts one last try...with plenty of WD-40 over an hour, one of them gave, but the other side just broke the bar (same side as yesterday too), and got too screwed-up to align with the socket...so I'll have to take drastic measures tomorrow. Damn...I didn't want it to come to this either...
    Maybe it's reverse threaded?

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC View Post
      Maybe it's reverse threaded?
      I had to go to Home Depot and rent a 3/4 drive impact driver to get mine off one time. That ****er was tight.
      1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Oh yea also yesterday I forgot to latch my hood pins and I got on the fwy. And like as soon as I hit 90 wham! my hood flew up! Its ok now cause I put the hood from my red car on and painted it blk. This is the 2nd time in 3 years that ive done this.
        Last time I broke my windshield and glass sunroof.
        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

all i did today was plug a scan tool into my car to c if any codes came up.... and suprisingly enough... there were no codes.... though that dont help me with tryin to figure out y my car runs soo rich.... im still thinkin my O2 sensor is bad... other than that.... i cleaned my engine up a little more today and cleaned sum **** outta the back seat of my car.... yea... thats about all i did lol

Comment

o yea... and tomorrow i beleive at tech we're gonna hook up the oscilloscope and just randomly check things... like the O2 sensor and ****... just for sumthin to do

Comment

Originally posted by sk8erdork42o View Post
              all i did today was plug a scan tool into my car to c if any codes came up.... and suprisingly enough... there were no codes.... though that dont help me with tryin to figure out y my car runs soo rich.... im still thinkin my O2 sensor is bad... other than that.... i cleaned my engine up a little more today and cleaned sum **** outta the back seat of my car.... yea... thats about all i did lol
              Change your o2 sensor and do a tune up and clean the air filter and throttle body. That should help it from runnin rich.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420 View Post
                Oh yea also yesterday I forgot to latch my hood pins and I got on the fwy. And like as soon as I hit 90 wham! my hood flew up! Its ok now cause I put the hood from my red car on and painted it blk. This is the 2nd time in 3 years that ive done this.
                Last time I broke my windshield and glass sunroof.
                Damn, that sucks...my brother had it happen on one of his Millenias...hood latchs just failed and the hood folded over the roof, denting it pretty good. The windshield was saved by the wipers being in the up position right when the hood went.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420 View Post
                  Change your o2 sensor and do a tune up and clean the air filter and throttle body. That should help it from runnin rich.
                  well yea... i changed the air filter already... im lookin into getting an O2 sensor... and... yea... i never thought about cleanin the throttle body..... i swear i need slapped sumtimes haha... but yea... thanx man

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                    Damn, that sucks...my brother had it happen on one of his Millenias...hood latchs just failed and the hood folded over the roof, denting it pretty good. The windshield was saved by the wipers being in the up position right when the hood went.
                    Yea at least my fake gtr vents wrere ok.
                    Now she looks like this until my gtr grille comes and I can do my 94 conversion. Ive had 94 e-specs for months and been dying to install them. Also I didnt have enough flat black so I painted it dk grey. But I ran out of that also can you find the spot where I ran out?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by TurboProto; 10-25-2006, 08:49 PM.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sk8erdork42o View Post
                      o yea... and tomorrow i beleive at tech we're gonna hook up the oscilloscope and just randomly check things... like the O2 sensor and ****... just for sumthin to do
                      Also, is your air intake hose dryrotteg and cracking? that caused mine to run really rich. Put a (kind of) new one on and picked up like 5mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420
                        But I ran out of that also can you find the spot where I ran out?
                        Yeah I see it! Whatever happened to, ohh...I don't know...buying more paint?! LOL

Tonight at work I used compound/wax on my headlights. Yup.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                          Yeah I see it! Whatever happened to, ohh...I don't know...buying more paint?! LOL

Tonight at work I used compound/wax on my headlights. Yup.
                          Like I said this hood is a temporary until I do my 94 conversion.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

I had 2 nice elderly ladies sideswipe my entire drivers side and total my car, isn't life full of surprises.... and round-a-bouts, damn I hate those things!

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

sorry suzuka, keep your spirits high tho

Today on the way to work i rolled over 40,000 & i was sad
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

all i did today was drive my car to work.
                                BUT, last night i started to replace some evap hoses by the fuel tank. Grabbing more hoses and clamps today.
                                I also replaced the rear brake pads. Gonna have to readjust the parking brake cuz the handle's pulling up too high. doh!
                                Still needing a window lift motor for the driver's side. it's gotta get done sooner or later dammit!
                                Chris
                                94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
                                2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
                                -John Wayne
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

Working...
                                X