This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The turbo install stage 1 is complete!

Got my MK3 Supra intercooler installed. The outlet goes up right under the headlight(had to trim the bracket and core support, no biggie), and the inlet, formerly the S pipe on the intercooler, I cut straight and with an awsome piece of Volvo intercooler piping it goes up that hole in the fenderwell to right near the radiator, right by where the turbo will be. I had to cut some of the tabs on the GTX bumper that are meaningless, for the intercooler to fit, but it fits so perfectly that I highly suggest this intercooler for the DIY project if you have the GTX 3 hole bumper.

Got the car all back together and looking at it you can't tell there's an intercooler there unless you get right up to the bumper. Just the way I like it, instead of like my brother's MX-6 with a huge front mount and IC piping going through the bumper. That's cool, but I like the stock look for my Protege.

Also found those 4 allen bolts I needed at Home Depot. Went to Ace, no metric bolts, then Sears Hardware, metric but the 8mm bolts were only 20mm long or more, and I needed ~15. Home Depot has 8 X 1.25 X 16 bolts for $0.53 each. I need bolts for the turbo itself but I think we have them at work, will find out tomarrow. Ordering the B6T oil feed line tomarrow, it and the banjo bolt should come in on Tuesday...then it's off to the turbo guy my brother uses to make a T3 adaptor/oil line for the B6T line. After that, I'm ready!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

new pics posted of toys
      rci harness
      lightened flywheel
      air to water intercooler
      BOV
      eat me

Comment

Just posted pics of my engine bay/intercooler/gauge HERE.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Finished modding my grille, reinstalled my recovered headliner, and will post pics tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
            I asked my dad to get the studs out of my GTX manifold and he finally did it. Pulled the studs, retapped the holes, polished both flange faces.

Then I went to put my T3 adaptor flange, made by wht95scort, and it fits but the bolts are 9mm too long for the GTX manifold. Off to a hardware store tomarrow for 4 new allen bolts.

Your dad is a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
              Replaced the VAF from the 90 with the one from the 91. For some odd reason my fuel consumption doubled when using the 90 VAF from a manual car. Cut a hole for the CAI only to find the VAF wiring harness is about 3 inches to short so I will be lengthening the harness. the hole puts the tip of the filter an inch above the bottom of the bumper. sorry no pics until I get the harness lengthened. It has to look good before I'll take a pic.

Can't wait to see it Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                Just posted pics of my engine bay/intercooler/gauge HERE.

Looking good Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
                  Finished modding my grille, reinstalled my recovered headliner, and will post pics tomorrow.

You keep talking about this grille, I wanna see it already!

Comment

Your dad is a stud.
                    Finally coming out of the closet JHO????

Jacob, you could of & should of removed a lot more off the flywheel ridge then that, take it near flush & thats ~ 2lbs.
                    Nice air/water IC, i like them lots

Ryan, your install is looking good & im glad you cleaned your engine bay.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

put in the suspenders

Comment

[ATTACH]19116[/ATTACH]
                        my friends familia
                        Last edited by noodlez; 08-28-2006, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	07-27-06_1756.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1201691
                          old photo of my car it has white door handles now and back splash guards

Comment

Originally posted by noodlez
                            [ATTACH]19117[/ATTACH]
                            old photo of my car it has white door handles now and back splash guards
                            This reminds me of Rays (Foreword) car. NIce
                            '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                            '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Originally posted by noodlez
                              [ATTACH]19116[/ATTACH]
                              my friends familia
                              5 lugs conversion. Sweeet! Is this the protege5 or the RX7 conversion? Is this a straight swap w/ no welding?
                              '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
                              '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

got the alternator replaced this weekend. may need to tighten it up some more. i thought i felt it slip just an ass hair while accelerating to work today. still gotta play with the idle problem. blah!
                                Chris
                                94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
                                2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
                                -John Wayne
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

Working...
                                X