Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

92 Mazda Protege DX - Are high RPM's bad for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elitescouter
    yeah right now i got the NGK iridium in my car, Why would the copper ones be better? I mean u have to adjust the gap to be perfect and I hate doing that =) like this the others ones are pre-adjusted.

My car doesen't seem to waste oil a lot, I check it once and then and it stays at full for over 3 months. I use some wierd oil that I bought it said that at high RPM's it gets thinner and it lubricates more to help the engine run better.
    Just run the NGK VPower sparkplugs that were made for your car. It takes 5 seconds to gap them.

Comment

Which one of these would be the best for maximum power =)

1992 MAZDA PROTEGE DX 1.8 L4 4 FI SOHC

Spark Plug Part No. Stock No. Plug Gap Photo
      Standard BKR5ES-11 2382 0.044
      V-Power BKR5E-11 # 6953 0.044
      G-Power Platinum BKR5EGP 7090 0.044
      Laser Platinum PFR5G-11 * 2647 0.044
      OE Laser Iridium IFR5E11 ^ 7994 0.044
      Iridium IX BKR5EIX-11 5464 0.044

Comment

Which one of these would be the best for maximum power =)

1992 MAZDA PROTEGE DX 1.8 L4 4 FI SOHC

Like I said, I would just get the VPower's.

Comment

Ive been running NGK iridium laser (platinum iridium blend plugs) in my bp and seems really nice. better than the coppers it had in it when i got it. and those plugs had only been in there for 3k
          mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Fuel cutoff is my best friend...
            One day you are born,
            The next big milestone
            you discover go zoom-zoom
            you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Not if you have a carburated b6
              Then 8k rpm is your friend (as long as it lasts)

Comment

Originally posted by Bax
                Not if you have a carburated b6
                Then 8k rpm is your friend (as long as it lasts)
                Mine`s injection.. but friend`s is carburated
                One day you are born,
                The next big milestone
                you discover go zoom-zoom
                you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Can anyone like tell me out of all these which would be the best for my 92 Protege DX with 130k miles and why would they be best.

I need to order some =)

Comment

i drive a b8 se pro its a 91 and i have the +4's in it. i had the ngk copper plugs in it for a while it felt like it had no balls no matter how much i tuned the car i swapped out to the +4's did a lil bit of tuning and now my car pulls from 3000-6500rpm all i have on it right now is a cone filter, a canadian tire cherry bomb and a lil bit adavanced timing
                    as a great man once told me, speed doesn't kill, sudden stops do....

mazda speed is the shiznaz

Comment

Yeah I had the +4's and they were very nice

I don't see what is wrong with those and how can they be bad for the engine

Comment

So can anyone tell me why would the +4 be bad for the car and the copper ones be better?

Comment

So can anyone tell me why would the +4 be bad for the car and the copper ones be better?
                          The platinum plugs wouldn't harm the car, in fact they will last longer.

The NGK's are what the manufacturer recommends. That's what I would put in my car.

Comment

if you are using the bosch plug that bosch recommends for your car, it should be the correct temp plug for your car, and because its platinum it will last longer. if a car has been driven too lightly, a good fuel system cleaning will solve the problem. as far as internal ****, any machinist will tell you that a valve job should be done at 90k anyways, which would eliminate the carbon buildup on heads and valves. as far as driving it at high rpms, the fuel cutoff will prevent probable pitching of a rod (i was redlining my car at every stoplight with a bent rod for months and never had issues). high rpms do add to overall wear of the engine though, the added rotations, plus the vibration from higher rpms causes everything from rings to valvetrain to bearings to wear faster. i still do it all the time though. i only notice peaky behavior when the car is a little cold.

Comment

wait so are the bosch platinum good or not for boosted car?... im feeling alittle stupid right now... also i learned that when you redline the &*** out of your car your piston ring might be the first one to go out .......... my experience..
                              My Toys =D

Comment

platinum plugs ment a bad idle and bad response time for me when i tried them. the explanation i got from my mechanic is that our engine cant utilize platinum plugs, and ends up running worse
                                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X