the new guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new guy...

ok so i am new to this forum, and new to the whole protege gimmick. i believe (if im thinking right) i know jesse (jessesays) from living in FL for a while...anyway. im about to get a 1st gen protege. im picking it up for what i feel is a very fair deal...and as to be expected it will need a little love. but hey...once running it will beat the 9 MPG i get out of my 8.1L truck (very gay) anyway, i used to have a 94 acura integra LS, nothing fancy...stock i/h/e stock everything, 'cept suspension. koni yellows, neuspeed race springs, camber kits, custom alignment..etc... anyway i would just like some general info on this car. how available is stuff for it...does anyone make a turbo manifold? (was told that i had to have one fabbed) and most importantly what kind of suspension stuff is available...going fast in a straight line is all well and good, but i prefer the twisties. i know i could probably search these forums and find some stuff, but if anyone has links handy, or any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

check out corksport.com. they can cover most of your suspension needs also can seel you a stock turbo mani... also this will fit. http://www.etdracing.com/manifold.html so there ya go.
    mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

welcome to the club. i'm sure you know, but there is the FAQ area where you can find out about all the stuff you want to know. there are part numbers for suspension and other engine parts, and lots of links to other sites to buy stuff for your car. there is info on suspension, brakes, wheels, turbo, everything you have a question on.

as you are coming from a very tunable car DC2 to a BG things are gonna be a little harder to find. not really that hard, but you need or want to do research to find out what you want for sure. i personally love working on my car because you can't get parts like you can for the honda/acuras. it takes some time effort and knowledge, but in the end it is very rewarding. that being said, you can still have a nice car that you can take into the twisties or to the track and blow people away with. there has been custom suspension parts made for our cars that make them killers on the auto cross track, and turbo setups that make our cars deadly sleepers on the street and at the race track.

enjoy your stay
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
      X