No announcement yet.

street racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to know how you port out something that has tubes and no big chunks of metal. Becides, any exhaust work he does is going to make the car louder and attract the "pigs". Not like his 18" 45lb chrome wheels aren't already doing that...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

you can still enlarge it a lil. when i first got my header in first thing i did was port it (ie clean up the welds on the ports and down at the collector.
      mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

ATTN: original poster,

Please stay off of all online Mazda forums because you're making us all look bad. Okbye.

Comment

Originally posted by DiamondBlue1
          my protege is an Standard LX. 1.8 DOCH. the mods ive done is a 9 oz nitrious shot in the intake for a split second acceleration, i had an intake cone wit a modifided exhaust. i mod an RX7 short shifter for my factory shifter. future plans is to get another bp-ze engine, have it bored wit a stroker, better cams, port out the exhaust and intake prot on the head, bore out the valves for bigger valves, CIA, 2.25 cat back wit a flowmaster exhaust, and add the 94 tubular exhaust manifold ported out to keep the pigs off my back. and some more stuff i just cant think of right now. what do you guys think.
          you smell something ?
          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

cutlass thankyou!
            ya something does wreak
            mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Originally posted by DiamondBlue1
              future plans is to get another bp-ze engine, have it bored wit a stroker....
              i wouldnt recomend stroking the BP. you loose ALOT of redline and HP. cause thats how our cars get power. its not like my nova where it had a 5200 redline. if you want to throw power at it destroke it and bump your redline way up. but im not entirely sure that ya can do that on these engines:-X
              Originally posted by 95pro
              gecko?

don't you mean GEICO?

Comment

Originally posted by celborn
                i wouldnt recomend stroking the BP. you loose ALOT of redline and HP. cause thats how our cars get power. its not like my nova where it had a 5200 redline. if you want to throw power at it destroke it and bump your redline way up. but im not entirely sure that ya can do that on these engines:-X

It all depends on what you want: torque or top end.

Comment

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

enough said...

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                    well i can say that i condone street racing but i do race to the speed limit. nice kills though. i luv whoopin honduh asses,even if the fastest we go is to the speed limit.
                    yeah unfortunately, even though you are still under the speed limit you can still be arrested/pulled over/sited for a contest of speed(ie racing) or wreckless driving. at least that's how i see it in arizona.
                    Almost there

jdm tails... check
                    jdm bumper... check
                    ms lip... check
                    ms grill... check
                    ms sideskirts... check
                    ms rear skirts... check
                    ms spoiler... check
                    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

well ummm lose rev's by stroking? not totally tru even on a chevy engine. yes if your rod ratio gets 2 out of whack yes but on our motors stroking and boring them will get you a nice rod ratio i have seen 9k on a flyin miata stroker engine on the street. so i wouldnt say that. in the same ive seen 5grand 383 chevies and 8 grand monsters all depends how you build it.

Comment

yeah its all about the rod ratio.
                        Almost there

jdm tails... check
                        jdm bumper... check
                        ms lip... check
                        ms grill... check
                        ms sideskirts... check
                        ms rear skirts... check
                        ms spoiler... check
                        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                        X