Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replaced timing belt/water pump, new problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used motor from the junk yard if you have a cheap junk yard around you.
    maybe a cheaper route, take the head off.... take it in to a machine shop and ask them to pressure test it and check it for warpage and if everthing is ok have them plane the head and depending on how many other problems the car (if its a keeper) i would get a head set and have them put in new valve seals and you also get the head gasket, i would do it if the car is worth it.
    Hope any advice you get helps out!

Comment

You know, if this had happened maybe a year ago I would have gladly done it, but there was a horrible hailstorm (60mph winds, quarter sized+ hail), and it destroyed the body of the protege. Sad to know even if you invest and fix it it'll still look bad.

I guess I'll put an ad in the paper or see how much I could get parting it out on cpro.. maybe someone needs a parter dx. Who knows.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
      91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
      95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
      96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
      90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
      98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Today I went to flush the radiator, heard a pop and quite a bit of coolant starting coming from the freakin spark plug. Ugh.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
        91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
        96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
        98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by txkprotege
          Today I went to flush the radiator, heard a pop and quite a bit of coolant starting coming from the freakin spark plug. Ugh.
          That's not good. Nice headgasket.

Comment

no longer my problem. car is sold to someone who has the ability to fix it, he's a BG fan from what he told me. Nice new home

I'll buy a third gen when I turn 17 this December. Woot.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
            91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
            96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
            98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

no longer my problem. car is sold to someone who has the ability to fix it, he's a BG fan from what he told me. Nice new home

Wow, you're young.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                Wow, you're young.
                Figured my excessive stupidity pointed that out. Yeah, 16. Started with the car when I was 13. That's when I registered here, at least (different name). Thanks for everything, everyone

Don't hold that against me

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Figured my excessive stupidity pointed that out. Yeah, 16. Started with the car when I was 13. That's when I registered here, at least (different name). Thanks for everything, everyone

Don't hold that against me
                  I never considered you stupid.

I figured you were just learning.

I wish I had gotten into cars and gotten mine at such a young age.

Good luck with your 3rd gen.

Comment

You will love the third gens more than the first gens just be sure to get the LX/ES model or a Protege 5 they come with all the goodies. and there is a bigger aftermarket for the 3rd gen
                    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                      You will love the third gens more than the first gens just be sure to get the LX/ES model or a Protege 5 they come with all the goodies. and there is a bigger aftermarket for the 3rd gen
                      I'd rather have JDM than aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                        I'd rather have JDM than aftermarket.
                        there are also more JDM parts for the 3rd gens too.
                        Last edited by purewhitemp5; 06-25-2006, 02:18 PM.
                        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                        X