Fuel line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel line question

I just moved to delaware from PA, my pro was fine there with emissions testing, and it is here, except that here they also check the fuel pressure at the test valve....well, mine failed....

question is, what is on that line? they hook up an air compressor to the gas cap, and i believe they clamp down the line on the left side (if your looking at the top of the engine) and hook up to the test valve....

he had to do this test twice, the first time it wasnt registering any pressure, and the second time he got a reading saying i failed...i forgot to ask him what the reading was as i was busy talking on my phone to the mattress guy (WOOOO NEW BED!!!)

he did say i have a leak somewhere, but i do not leak any fluid, especially fuel....my assumption was maybe a clogged fuel filter, or a hole in a vacuum line somewhere might have effected the reading....

I'd greatly appreicate any direction on this...and $$$ is an issue, so start small

The only reason they would have to pressurize the fuel system if there was a leak somewhere along the line.

What they did check is the gas cap, which gets screwed into an adapter attached to an air line, which checks to see if the gas cap is holding the pressure. If not it will fail.

Try getting a new gas cap.
    This is my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/403088

Comment

They were probably testing your EVAP system. There must be a leak.

Comment

gas cap....it says on the inspection print out that the gas cap passed....emissions passed, cap passed, but tank failed.....are there any section of hose/pipe that are more prone to leaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Gar187er
          gas cap....it says on the inspection print out that the gas cap passed....emissions passed, cap passed, but tank failed.....are there any section of hose/pipe that are more prone to leaks?
          It's common for the tank to rust out around the big inlet on the tank.

Comment

Working...
          X