RX7 parts on a protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RX7 parts on a protege

I' working on my car big time for a while It's a hand me down from my sister. I have a 1991 protege lx with 100% jap engine and tranny. full racing suspenssio with strut bar's and croos drill front rotor the most ugly ass intake I've ever seem for a car and a 2 3/4 Exhaust with no cat and a 3inch catback muffler. I try using them cheap ass computer mods, YEAH they suck ass. This as far as performance, I have other goodies for looks too. What I'm looking to find are part from any gen RX7. I was told by another member that some parts are compatible with our cars. The question is what parts are those. Does any one have a list that was put together. Please let me know I want to go all motor and then add a touch of methane to the fuel instead of nos. But that's a work in progress. So what can we do guys. Some help please.....

AFAIK, the Rx-7 vaf works perfectly in the 1st gens. has to be a 86-88 non-turbo "B" code VAF.

Comment

Noobie question: What is a VAF (what does that stand for) and where does it go / what does it do? I believe I have seen the FAQ about how to mod it to make it work with the BP motor. Gracias, senores!

Comment

It stands for Very African Female. Ask Jho, he knows all about 'em.

J/P, Its Vane Air Flow or some crap. Its your airflow meter
        DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Ah, thanks. So this is part of the intake manifold assembly? Before or after the throttle body?

(I warned you guys about stupid questions I would be asking!)

Thanks,

VWM (Very White Male)

Comment

Ya never learn if you dont ask.

It goes after the filter
            filter>vaf>h-box>intake tube>throttle body

Last edited by 92dx; 06-30-2006, 11:20 AM.
            DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx
              It stands for Very African Female. Ask Jho, he knows all about 'em.

LOL, the bush!

Comment

do I need to make any other adjusment after switching the AFM? or It's just plug and go.

Comment

Originally posted by japslx
                  do I need to make any other adjusment after switching the AFM? or It's just plug and go.

You need to tune it.

It has been done many times. A search will yield many useful answers.

Comment

92dx- do you find something like a base to put the air filter or what?

Comment

why don't you just put a 13b in it

Comment

Originally posted by noodlez
                        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by noodlez
                          Agreed. Even if it's just in the trunk waiting to find a Miata as a home.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by jm_2000pr
                            92dx- do you find something like a base to put the air filter or what?
                            You need an adaptor.

Comment

[ATTACH]19246[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]19247[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X