Starting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting issue

Lately my car has been expirenceing hard cold starts. It will crank for about 5 seconds, start, and do so harshly until it gets the rpms above 1.5K then idles normally. I have found that if I crank it for 2 seconds, shut it off, then start it it will fire immediatly and run normal. Any ideas? New cap/rotor and new plugs within the last 2 weeks. Gap? Something else???
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

sounds kinda like gas. like your lines are clogged or you're getting vapor lock or something. mine does the same thing, but when it's warm.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Funny you guys mention this.

A lot of customers have been complaining of this too. We think it may be a result of the ethanol they are putting in the gas now.

Comment

Ethanol = vapor lock
        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
        X