Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bell housing won't come off!!

This is in reference to this thread.

Ok so I got everything off, Except now the bell housing isn't coming off. All the bolts are loose, it's coming off a little, but it's getting caught up on something. My friend thinks it's stuck on the output shaft? It might be rusted or something?

He went to get a bigger prybar, hopefully we can get it to budge. Otherwise I'm out of luck and I have to take it somewhere and pay someone.

make sure all the bolts are out... all the 14 mm bolts along the bottom, take the starter out, the 17s on the top make sure the front mount is off, the lower crossbar has to be out.... it could be a number of things... i dont know without pictures
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

All that stuff is out, i'm pretty sure it's being held from inside. I think were gonna take the transmission off the bell housing, but it shouldn't make a difference should it? It should still come off.

Comment

all of the bell housing bolts are off, the starter is disconnected, the axles are out. We can get the bell housing off all the way around so there is a gap. It's just sticking inside of there, I sprayed some pb blaster in there on the shaft to maybe loosen up the rust if any. Still stuck though. We're gonna take off just the transmission i think next.

Comment

Leave them together.

How much of a gap is there? Did you tilt the engine? What gear is the transmission in?

It's probably hung up on the dowels.

Comment

Working...
          X