Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RedTek refrigerants + Which nozzle do I connect it to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RedTek refrigerants + Which nozzle do I connect it to?

Well, my A/C has never worked in my 1991 Protege DX since I got it (about 3.5 years and 180K ago..) but a friend bought the Redtek kit (currently available for $79.99 + tax at Parts Source stores (Canada, not sure about US locations). So I figured for $15, why not try their refrigerants? I can't seem to figure out where to hook up the container to, any help would be great, maybe I need a different connector? Here's more info on RedTek Products.

http://www.redtek.ca

Anyone have any input? It says that it is a replacement for R12 and R-134a which to my understanding is fine with my A/C system. Any help is much appreciated.

"RED TEK® refrigerants are designed to be direct replacements for R-12, R-134a, R-22, and R-502a. In keeping with RED TEK's priority to keep the environment safe, RED TEK® 12a, a brand of premium hydrocarbon refrigerant, was launched in 1998 and is now available around the country."

I think I figured it out, but it didn't solve my problem, so I guess there is something actually wrong with the A/C. Guess it's back to the junk yard for me....

Comment

For those that are interested, we tried the RedTek products on several cars including a Ford F150, Caravan, and a 1995 Mercury Mystique without any problems. So if your A/C is busted and if you think you're just out of refrigerant, due give it a shot, for $15, it's hard to go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JetLi
        For those that are interested, we tried the RedTek products on several cars including a Ford F150, Caravan, and a 1995 Mercury Mystique without any problems. So if your A/C is busted and if you think you're just out of refrigerant, due give it a shot, for $15, it's hard to go wrong.
        Sounds like a sales pitch.
        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

If there's no refrigerant in it, there is a problem. **** doesn't just leak out for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
            Sounds like a sales pitch.
            Ahem.........
            c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

I'm not affiliated to RedTek in anyway, however, I thought it would be interesting for people to know, although after finding another thread where R12 is only $30/pound, it might not be actually worth it. Check it all out in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by JetLi
                I'm not affiliated to RedTek in anyway, however, I thought it would be interesting for people to know, although after finding another thread where R12 is only $30/pound, it might not be actually worth it. Check it all out in your area.

If you can even find R12 anymore, it is going to be SUPER expensive. It was outlawed in the U.S. in 1996.

Comment

30 lb tank at oreilly's 750 dollars. but thats 25 a lb and way more than you would need and you need a installer license.
                  mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Working...
                  X