Power locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power locks

Ok when they say power locks ,Its power locks with the buttons right. cuz I just noticed that when using the locks on the outside it unlocks all the doors. So where is the button to unlock all the doors on the inside.
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
    Ok when they say power locks ,Its power locks with the buttons right. cuz I just noticed that when using the locks on the outside it unlocks all the doors. So where is the button to unlock all the doors on the inside.
    When you lock/unlock the driver's door from the outside with the key, it locks/unlocks all of the doors.

When you lock/unlock the driver's door on the inside, it locks/unlocks them all.

There is no "button" on the inside. You just simply pull up or push down on the lock on the driver's door.

Comment

Maybe the microswitch is fubar???
      Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
      '56 VW Cal Ragtop
      www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

You could always add a actuator in the drivers door (like i did, think it was from an 88 Dodge Dynasty) and wire up keyless entry!

Comment

I think I will go the keyless entry route because mazda is retarded with the power locks.

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

What retarded about the power locks in an early '90s Mazda economy car?

I like em. I like being able to lock all the doors then unlock 1 of em to get something out of the car. I like how the back door locks don't require me to lift the handle to close and lock.
            I often carry stuff(backpack, tool box, etc) behind the driver's seat, and it's really nice getting out of the car, closing the door, opening the rear door, hit the front lock and lock all the doors, then grab my stuff and just push the door closed with my elbow/butt/knee, etc.

I was going to add an actuator for keyless entry, but it's not a big deal having to use the key. Plus, the fob takes up too much space on the key chain.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

well if it weren't for the fact that my key only turns when it wants too. What happens when you are in a place where it is unsafe and you only want to unlock the drivers side door . I have grown accustomed to the key fob with the pro5

Comment

Just want to unlock the driver's door? Pull the power lock relay under the dash.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I installed a car alarm for my pro about 2 months ago, wired in a dei proximity sensor also,which is awesome. I love it. anyway..

The alarm supports keyless entry...My plan is to make just the front doors power. i could get some actuators from any car w/ power locks at the j/y and make 'em work, but I am waiting untill I can get some(hopefully) off an lx. No luck yet.. I also still need to get two 12v 30amp relays from radioshack.

so what im saying is, if your gonna go keyless entry, you migt as well get an alarm. they're just as easy to hook up as a keyless entry system, imo. Pluss you'll have optional output triggers, like if you wanted to make remote trunk release, all kinds of cool ****.
                  Last edited by 92dx; 07-23-2006, 12:30 PM.
                  DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

The best way to go in this case is to get an alarm with keyless and put an actuator in the drivers door. It will still unlock ALL the doors, but you will have a few precious seconds of lead time in the event somethings going on.
                    I'm not familiar enough with the OEM system to know if you can get it to work like the P5. You may be able to do something with the microswitch and integrate it into the alarm to open the other doors on the 2nd press of the key fob, but you need to research before cutting up the electronics.
                    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
                    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
                    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
                      What's retarded about the power locks in an early '90s Mazda economy car?

I like em. I like being able to lock all the doors then unlock 1 of em to get something out of the car. I like how the back door locks don't require me to lift the handle to close and lock.
                      I often carry stuff(backpack, tool box, etc) behind the driver's seat, and it's really nice getting out of the car, closing the door, opening the rear door, hit the front lock and lock all the doors, then grab my stuff and just push the door closed with my elbow/butt/knee, etc.

For once,

Comment

If you seen my car you wouldn't want to steal it. And besides with my boys riding shotgun you might be the one getting jacked , but they only come out at night so I am screwed in the daytime.

Comment

Working...
                        X