Just Got Another Mazda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Got Another Mazda

Yeah, I know it's not a BG, but we bought another Mazda3 last night. This one is an '04 Titanium Gray hatch that has 21k, sunroof/6disc, ABS/side airbags and 5 speed. The numbers were too good to pass up. I traded the Toyota truck in, felt like a heel dumping an old friend.
    It looks like the LX is going away too. To be honest, I'm getting tired of wrenching all the time. I'm thinking about selling it and putting the money into the MZ3-springs and other suspension stuff.
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

hey, they are getting older man. lots of people expect their 1991 protege LX to last the rest of their lives. things break, then they break a lot.

good find though, they're nice cars.

JACK
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

recipie for 1990-94:
      replace & re-new to 0 miles everything. brakes & suspension then engine/tranny, torque & use locktite.... never worry
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks do0d. I haven't commited to selling the Pro yet. It's a fun car, but I've been fighting with defective a/c compressors, and it's really starting to piss me off. every time I pull a compressor, it's 2 cans of freon in the ****ter.
        And then there's the fuggin never-ending chasing of exhaust leaks. The manifold's being welded as we speak. I guess since it's a 94 manifold, it's pretty rare. 93 and lower is different, I believe.
        Getting used to a manual shift MZ3 is hard, since we've been driving the auto MZ3 around. Oh well....
        '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          recipie for 1990-94:
          replace & re-new to 0 miles everything. brakes & suspension then engine/tranny, torque & use locktite.... never worry
          lol, that is essentially what I plan on doing sometime next year.
          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
            Yeah, I know it's not a BG, but we bought another Mazda3 last night. This one is an '04 Titanium Gray hatch that has 21k, sunroof/6disc, ABS/side airbags and 5 speed. The numbers were too good to pass up. I traded the Toyota truck in, felt like a heel dumping an old friend.
            It looks like the LX is going away too. To be honest, I'm getting tired of wrenching all the time. I'm thinking about selling it and putting the money into the MZ3-springs and other suspension stuff.

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
              Pics?
              Attached Files
              '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Nice!

How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                  Nice!

How do you like it?
                  It rides firmly but not harsh, hopefully the springs that are going in won't alter that too much. I have to use cruise control all the time, because I keep unintentionally speeding. We took a little roadtrip and everytime I'd look at the speedo, it's showing 85-95 mph.
                  Needs to be detailed, but that can wait till it starts cooling down-it's supposed to be 104 degrees today.
                  '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

It rides firmly but not harsh, hopefully the springs that are going in won't alter that too much. I have to use cruise control all the time, because I keep unintentionally speeding. We took a little roadtrip and everytime I'd look at the speedo, it's showing 85-95 mph.
                    Needs to be detailed, but that can wait till it starts cooling down-it's supposed to be 104 degrees today.

Nothin' like a new car huh?

Enjoy it.

Comment

Well, the truck i traded in is on Autotrader.com.. I got $3300 for it, they're asking $6991-with 194000 miles on it. Idiots.
                      '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Well, the truck i traded in is on Autotrader.com.. I got $3300 for it, they're asking $6991-with 194000 miles on it. Idiots.
                        I wish I could say I was surprised. Stealerships make the most off of used cars.
                        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

That was a sweet truck.

Comment

Working...
                          X