Auto Seatbelt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Seatbelt issue

okay, i've searched around on here but didn't find anything that answered this......my seatbelts like to sometimes stay in the closed (pulled back)position when i turn off the car and open the door. on my pass side, that damn thing doesn't like to pull back forward when the car is even turned off. but i think it will as long as the car is running. seeing how i need to replace my pwr window motor too, i have to open the damn door when i badge in at the security gate, and in drive thrus. when it's open, sometimes the seatbelt will pull back, then pull forward, then back again after a few seconds. it's freakin frustrating. i swear it's trying to clothesline me whenever it gets a chance!

besides replacing these with manual seatbelts(which i plan to do eventually) do i need to see about cleaning some contact areas or what? not sure where to start investigating. well take that back. i did notice before that it used to pull back after the car's off, after i put my finger in the latch(hehe) but it doesn't respond to that anymore. WTF? any ideas guys?
    Chris
    94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
    2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
    -John Wayne
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Originally posted by RonBurgundy
    okay, i've searched around on here but didn't find anything that answered this......my seatbelts like to sometimes stay in the closed (pulled back)position when i turn off the car and open the door. on my pass side, that damn thing doesn't like to pull back forward when the car is even turned off. but i think it will as long as the car is running. seeing how i need to replace my pwr window motor too, i have to open the damn door when i badge in at the security gate, and in drive thrus. when it's open, sometimes the seatbelt will pull back, then pull forward, then back again after a few seconds. it's freakin frustrating. i swear it's trying to clothesline me whenever it gets a chance!

besides replacing these with manual seatbelts(which i plan to do eventually) do i need to see about cleaning some contact areas or what? not sure where to start investigating. well take that back. i did notice before that it used to pull back after the car's off, after i put my finger in the latch(hehe) but it doesn't respond to that anymore. WTF? any ideas guys?
    Good question. I think we all have that issue and yet as you found out nobody has a posted a fix, only how to "fix" the annoying seatbelt alarm.
    2005 Mazda 3

Comment

It's a sensor in the door latch on the door that does that. When you're in the door take apart the latch and clean it up. In the meantime you can press that latch a little bit when the belt doesn't move and it should move.

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

Damn door latch switch, mine freaks out a lot.

Comment

so do i have to pull the panel off and take the latch out from inside? is that kinda easy to get to?
          Chris
          94 protege lx - gone and will be missed
          2008 Mazda3 - recently acquired

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're Stupid."
          -John Wayne
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2978373

Comment

you will have to pull the panel, i think its in the latch assembly.

Comment

I got sick of being clothes-lined everytime I got in and out, so I just removed my automatic seat belts and only wear the lap belt.

Comment

Working...
              X