2 questions... help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions... help please?

Okay, i won a bet with my friend who said there's no way in hell the cops would let me drive around with brass knuckles permanently attached to the back of my car(where the 3rd lamp should be), i went to the highway patrol, they said it's ok as long as it's permanent.

So, i get to choose one of three free mufflers from my friend's shops. all three are new, with silencers. here are the choices:

1. HKS Hi-Performance Carbon Ti muffler (with silencer)
    2. Apex integration N1 90mm tip N/A universal muffler (with Active Tail Silencer)
    3. Blitz NUR-Spec muffler (with silencer)

all 3 will come with a new resonator and probably a new cat since mine is almost shot to hell. which one should i get?

2nd question: I tried getting an intake on my car, but the damn sensors are preventing the install. Corksport says they have a cone filter with adapter that connect in front of the censor and end up with the filter against the back of the headlamp assembly. are there any that actually fit? I've heard the 93 Accords fit, but i wanna know if anyone's done it on a 91 hatch 323. There are Toucan intakes for the 93, but i am not sure if they fit the 91's or not.

Thanks for your time!

'Cuz everyone knows kittens love turbos.

Originally posted by Steel_Knuckles
    Okay, i won a bet with my friend who said there's no way in hell the cops would let me drive around with brass knuckles permanently attached to the back of my car(where the 3rd lamp should be), i went to the highway patrol, they said it's ok as long as it's permanent.

So, i get to choose one of three free mufflers from my friend's shops. all three are new, with silencers. here are the choices:

1. HKS Hi-Performance Carbon Ti muffler (with silencer)
    2. Apex integration N1 90mm tip N/A universal muffler (with Active Tail Silencer)
    3. Blitz NUR-Spec muffler (with silencer)

all 3 will come with a new resonator and probably a new cat since mine is almost shot to hell. which one should i get?

2nd question: I tried getting an intake on my car, but the damn sensors are preventing the install. Corksport says they have a cone filter with adapter that connect in front of the censor and end up with the filter against the back of the headlamp assembly. are there any that actually fit? I've heard the 93 Accords fit, but i wanna know if anyone's done it on a 91 hatch 323. There are Toucan intakes for the 93, but i am not sure if they fit the 91's or not.

Thanks for your time!

Pics of the mufflers will help us decide a lot easier.

I don't have a 323, but I have had a 93 Accord CAI in my car, and it will work in yours. Another option is the MX-3 SOHC CAI.

Comment

How much did the accord intake cost? Will the AEM's work (if they sell 'em?)

oh and below are pics.

HKS Ti Carbon.

Apexi N1 60mm (not 90 my bad)
      Swap Shop Racing, Innovative Motor Mounts Authorized Dealer, Innovative Mounts, JDM / USDM Honda & Acura Motor Swaps, Engine Swap Accesories, Performance Parts, Hasport Mounts

Blitz NUR spec univ.
      Body kits are our specialty! More than 45 brands of body kits all in one store. We sell carbon fiber hoods, lambo doors, and ground effects.

Comment

How much did the accord intake cost? Will the AEM's work (if they sell 'em?)

oh and below are pics.

Apexi N1 60mm (not 90 my bad)
        http://www.swapshopracing.com/index....rget=d349.html

The intake was like $25 plus s+h on ebay. They are all over ebay for a variety of prices.

Go with the Apexi N1.

Comment

Yea i would go with the Apexi n1 myself.
          My Vouch Tread:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25276

My myspace:
          http://www.myspace.com/haitianstreetracer

Comment

Blitz NUR Spec all the way.
            Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Hks Ftw.

Comment

2 for apexi, 1 blitz and 1 HKS...

the blitz was loudest, and the apexi and HKS... well... both had great reviews on other websites...

i'll wait a month before i decide which to get. Either way, a resonator is in the package.

my friend had a HKS on his xB and it was tested for sound to have 93 decibels, which i think 95 is the cutoff for Cali., but he also had headers, cai, and such installed in it as well.

Comment

A resonator will definitely help keep things quit. What kind of resonator and what size?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    A resonator will definitely help keep things quit. What kind of resonator and what size?
                    All they do is choke your exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                      I'm not certain. All i know is that we're taking it to my friend's muffler shop to get it flanged in and have a resonator installed.

do you have any preferences to types of resonators that work best?

i also need to replace my CAT... i've had gunk shooting out of the stock pipe and the exhaust fumes reek of gasoline.

Comment

i also need to replace my CAT... i've had gunk shooting out of the stock pipe and the exhaust fumes reek of gasoline.
                        If you smell gas then thats a problem somewheres on the engine side and unburned gas will KILL that brand new cat!
                        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

do you have any preferences to types of resonators that work best?

I like Magnaflow.

Like Taz said, you're current cat is junk for a reason. Check into that before replacing it, or you will just ruin the new one. Check your A/F ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Denis
                            All they do is choke your exhaust.
                            Sorry, been drinking, silencers choke the exuaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Denis
                              Sorry, been drinking, silencers choke the exuaust.

I'll let it go this time, but don't let it happen again!

What ya drinkin' on?

Comment

Working...
                              X